Dodge SRT Forum banner

141 - 151 of 151 Posts

·
Registered
10,246 Posts
NOTE: The Wiki is full of errors

This bit of "Ol Blue's Boost Control" is rubbish
Table Name: Torque Table
The first step to the computer controlling boost is for it to know how much torque at a given Airflow and rpm that your engine will make. This is where your tune
will make or break itself. If you’re stock turbo, Mopar S3, E1, E2, D44, D42 then youre in a good shape. The stock turbo torque table is good to use for with the
stock or ported turbo, all the rest I listed are all in the 37-42lb range and can use the stage 3 torque table. If you’re turbo is slightly larger percentage wise, feel free
to use the stage 3 table and just multiply the entire thing by the percentage larger than it is. For example, an AGP 50T is right around a 49lb wheel. I have had
plenty of luck multiplying by 30% [calculated as (49lb – 37lb) / 37lb]. However, be aware that the lower end of the table will be slightly higher already since the
stage 3 makes great torque and you may only have to multiply from 3400 rpms on up, as this is where most big turbos spool up.
Get this table CLOSE to where it should be, and then leave it alone, it just needs to be in range but not perfect.
The PCM calibration IDs are not properly labeled:

Stock:
05029242AI - 03 Stock
05029415AH - 04 Stock
05029832AE - 05 Stock

Stage 1:
04510057AD - 03 stage 1
04510848AA -
04510055AE - 04

Stage 2:
04510850AA
04510814AA

Stage3
04510061AB
04510861AA

·
Premium Member
2,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #143
Duster, feel free to go in the Wiki and edit or ammend that post to make it correct. That's what the wiki was designed for :)

·
Premium Member
9,774 Posts
So how come the wiki is still half empty? :readclose

With so much good info on this forum that info should have made it into the wiki by now.

·
Registered
7,310 Posts
Just my guess, but the people making money off tuning don't want to share (somewhat understandable given the amount of time it takes to experiment and learn on your own), most newer professional tuners have went with DiabloSport due to lack of logging and a warm and fuzzy feeling on long-term support from SCT for the Chryslers, and probably the biggest reason is that although lots of people wanted to tune their cars it has become easier and likely cheaper for them to buy mail-order tunes rather than investing in the Pro Racer package and trying to learn and do it themselves. Kind of sad but with a proprietary powertrain controller and small market it has resulted in not many people using Advantage III.

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
Just my guess, but the people making money off tuning don't want to share (somewhat understandable given the amount of time it takes to experiment and learn on your own), most newer professional tuners have went with DiabloSport due to lack of logging and a warm and fuzzy feeling on long-term support from SCT for the Chryslers, and probably the biggest reason is that although lots of people wanted to tune their cars it has become easier and likely cheaper for them to buy mail-order tunes rather than investing in the Pro Racer package and trying to learn and do it themselves. Kind of sad but with a proprietary powertrain controller and small market it has resulted in not many people using Advantage III.

Sct is back in the DCX game and will be offering datalogging. :D

·
Registered
169 Posts
Bringing this back from the dead but I've searched here and the wiki and have not found answers and SCT is basically worthless...

Simple task at hand. I have a Stage 2 w/ toys PCM, I want to make it Stage 3 w/ toys with Advantage III ... let's make it happen.

1) I type in processor code but get a not found error or something similar... is this because my original PCM code I gave SCT is different so it will ONLY work if I punch that processor code in at the beginning? If so, how do I get around this... I have a new PCM now.

2) Lets assume that is handled, and I want to tweak a few things in the configuration and then save the cal and export to my Xcalibrator 2 handheld. I save the tune with a name but my only option to export custom tune is for a BullyDog handheld... which I obviously do not have and the other options are not compatible with my Xcal. The only other thing I have been able to try is is an option called PROGRAM... then program Xcalibrator. Then there is a dropdown of the file to load and the only option in the list is the stock processor code, not my custom saved file... what am I doing wrong? It seems like the software and my handheld are not compatible?

3) I see the handheld has "pcm changes remaining" so do they only allow you to switch your pcm 2 or 3 times? I have had pcm issues and have needed to use multiple pcms but now I'm out of pcm changes in my own software which I paid for, to load onto my Xcal which is also mine to load into my own pcm... Is there a way for me to unlock or reset this?

Any help is appreciated this is all trial and error for me and there is just about no documentation or support out there since 99% of people go the Diablosport route.

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
Bringing this back from the dead but I've searched here and the wiki and have not found answers and SCT is basically worthless...

Simple task at hand. I have a Stage 2 w/ toys PCM, I want to make it Stage 3 w/ toys with Advantage III ... let's make it happen.

1) I type in processor code but get a not found error or something similar... is this because my original PCM code I gave SCT is different so it will ONLY work if I punch that processor code in at the beginning? If so, how do I get around this... I have a new PCM now.

2) Lets assume that is handled, and I want to tweak a few things in the configuration and then save the cal and export to my Xcalibrator 2 handheld. I save the tune with a name but my only option to export custom tune is for a BullyDog handheld... which I obviously do not have and the other options are not compatible with my Xcal. The only other thing I have been able to try is is an option called PROGRAM... then program Xcalibrator. Then there is a dropdown of the file to load and the only option in the list is the stock processor code, not my custom saved file... what am I doing wrong? It seems like the software and my handheld are not compatible?

3) I see the handheld has "pcm changes remaining" so do they only allow you to switch your pcm 2 or 3 times? I have had pcm issues and have needed to use multiple pcms but now I'm out of pcm changes in my own software which I paid for, to load onto my Xcal which is also mine to load into my own pcm... Is there a way for me to unlock or reset this?

Any help is appreciated this is all trial and error for me and there is just about no documentation or support out there since 99% of people go the Diablosport route.
This is what I wanted also, turn Stage 2 with toys into stage 3 with toys. I have sct prp and x3,And sct already unlocked stage 3 for me. I also want to do boost by mph and will have 5bar map and tip. Any input would be appreciated. It's triple digits here and 1gen neon has to get done 1st.

·
Registered
14 Posts
It seems this wiki is down. I purchased Advantage 3 at the beginning of this week, waiting for it to ship now. I already have my xcal. I was able to download the list of basic functions listed a few posts up but would love to be able to access all that is in the wiki, if it still exists. Thank you.

(edit unless of course those links contain everything that was in the wiki but if people were brainstorming I still would love to be able to read thru all of it.)

·
Registered
218 Posts
It seems this wiki is down. I purchased Advantage 3 at the beginning of this week, waiting for it to ship now. I already have my xcal. I was able to download the list of basic functions listed a few posts up but would love to be able to access all that is in the wiki, if it still exists. Thank you.

(edit unless of course those links contain everything that was in the wiki but if people were brainstorming I still would love to be able to read thru all of it.)
If I remember correctly, all pdf files a few posts up are what was available on the wiki pages. There was nothing more to read.

I have been reading and experimenting for the last 6 months with my sct and advantage 3 so if you have questions I might be able to help you.

141 - 151 of 151 Posts