Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 151 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all

I decided to create a Wiki for those of us in the SCT-SRT community. Since there is hardly any documentation out there for Advantage III on the DCX platform, and SCT shut their forums down to us, I felt a Wiki like this would give a great knowledge base for those of us that use the software. Wikis are easy to use, easy to search, and can be easily maintained by both the wiki community and the admin.

I know there are some very knowledgeable people in this section that could help out greatly with this project by putting in just a little bit of free time :thumbsup:

Site: Main Page - SCT SRT Wiki

examples: Volumetric Efficiency Bank 1 - SCT SRT Wiki
Processor code - SCT SRT Wiki

The site is kind of hacked together right now.. but as time permits this week, I will work on it more. Please dont judge it too harshly right now as there really is NO content on the site right now :) and that's why I need *you* to help out with that.

In the meantime, if you feel inclined ( and I hope you are ), please sign up, create a page, or start editing :)

Thanks! :thumbsup:

Edit 7/1/08:

To create a page on the the wiki, please use the link on the "Main page" @ Main Page - SCT SRT Wiki or by going to Create Page - SCT SRT Wiki -- thats all there is too it! :)

A list of pages added in the past few days:

Volumetric Efficiency Bank 1 - SCT SRT Wiki
Desired Torque - SCT SRT Wiki
Changing Fuel Injectors - SCT SRT Wiki
Convert PW to Fuel Mass - SCT SRT Wiki
Fuel Mass to PW Conversion - SCT SRT Wiki
Rising Rate Fuel Pressure Regulator - SCT SRT Wiki
Boost Control - SCT SRT Wiki

7/2/2008:

For a list of all pages:
All pages - SCT SRT Wiki

Created Fuel Injector Calculator for tuning in bigger or smaller injectors:
Injector Flow Conversion Calculator by NickFury

7/9/08:
Added 2 more pages:

Power Enrichment Above Stoich FA Ratio - SCT SRT Wiki
Stoich FA Ratio - SCT SRT Wiki
(feel free to fix these if they are wrong)

I also created a new calculator to aid in editing the Power Enrichment over Stoich page:

Target AFR Calculator

·
Premium Member
2,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I like the idea,, Now if I just knew how to use one of these wiki thingys......
Hehe, its not too hard :)

To create a page just type what you want to create in the 'search box', if it doesnt exist, it will give you the option to create one.

To edit a page someone has made previously, just find the page, (easiest way is by searching, try something like 've tables') then click edit.

Though, because of POS Spammers, I needed to require logins so the page wouldnt get spammed to crap.. so before you can edit and post, you need to sign up first, that option is in the upper right. Its a pretty easy and painless process.

After you have signed up, and started to create a page, its much like making a post here on the forums, you have a little WYSIWYG editor to create your page or edit the page as you see fit. I am allowing image uploads for those who want to put up screenshots.

Next thing I want to get done is the ability to upload files, specifically AdvantageIII Mako files for those us that would like to share their tunes with the rest of the world :)

·
Registered
248 Posts
Great idea! I hope people are willing to share their knowledge, because the information here seems so much like disinformation, disorganized and scattered all over in different posts, it'd be cool to have this central site to learn and contribute to.

Thanks for setting it up!

·
Premium Member
2,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Great idea! I hope people are willing to share their knowledge, because the information here seems so much like disinformation, disorganized and scattered all over in different posts, it'd be cool to have this central site to learn and contribute to.

Thanks for setting it up!

Thank you :thumbsup:

That was one of my main points in creating it, is an attempt to have a central place to explain the tables and techniques of the software. Everytime I'm finding something out Im editing the wiki and trying to add to it. Since SCT shut their forums down to us I thought something like this was needed more than ever. I liked the Wiki idea since they are very easy to search. The more I use the Advantage software, the easier it becomes, but, some of the stuff in there isnt labeled that well and trying to find out what some of the X and Y tables are measured in can be a little bit of trial and error.

If any one of smart guys out there would like to take a shot at it, the 'Volumetric Efficiency Bank 1 (VE table)' Volumetric Efficiency Bank 1 - SCT SRT Wiki could use alot of work :thumbsup:

Im still trying to figure out some of the other tables like PW to Fuel Mass to tune in some 750's correctly :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
2,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just updated the site...

Users can now upload .mtf, .ll3, and .pdf files to the site.

If you want a place to post up some of your tunes, create a page and have at it :)

·
Registered
248 Posts
Nice. Any way we can see the spark tables for the stage 2 and 3 calibarations?
Why don't you just enter the PCM codes for stage 2 or 3 and then look at the spark tables? When Advantage 3 starts up, load PCM code 04510850AA (stage 2) or 04510061AB (stage 3) and then look at the WOT Spark table. If you don't have the Advantage software then my bad, I misunderstood. When I get home I can submit images for your request up on the wiki.

Charley

·
Technical Tuning & EFI/EMS Electronics moderator
1,431 Posts
Why don't you just enter the PCM codes for stage 2 or 3 and then look at the spark tables? When Advantage 3 starts up, load PCM code 04510850AA (stage 2) or 04510061AB (stage 3) and then look at the WOT Spark table. If you don't have the Advantage software then my bad, I misunderstood. When I get home I can submit images for your request up on the wiki.

Charley
I sent him screen shots of the 4 tables in question.

·
Premium Member
2,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Take a look at it now and see if it's to your liking. I still need to learn how to use the wiki though.:hi:

Thats great! Thats exactly what I was hoping for, a very clear explanation of what the table does and what it should and should not be used for :thumbsup:

:clap::clap:

·
Premium Member
2,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Sooooo, How the hll do you add a new page to the wiki thingy?!!?!?!?!

Better yet, anyone have a link to "wikis for dummies"???::rofl:
Creating a page on the wiki is as follows..

First make sure you have signed up and registered ( I know you already have Sour Kraut ), only registered users can create and edit pages right now for spam reasons.

• Type what you want to create in the 'Search Box', ex "Sour Kraut"
  • If the page doesnt exist you will be presented with this:
    "There is no page titled "Sour Kraut". You can create this page. "
  • Click the link for 'Create this page' and you will be can start editing a new page.
I know thats a little backwards if you are used to posting on the fourms.. but if time permits later, Im going to try and make a 'create new page' link on the main page when I get a chance, hopefully that will be tonight :)

If you need to upload files (.mtf, .jpg, .pdf etc), there is an option on the left called 'upload file', you can then link to that file later when editing or creating your wiki page.

If you are interested in some of the other syntax you can use for the wiki editing, check this out:
Help:Editing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hope that helps, if you have any other questions, please let me know :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
2,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
desired torque added. I think I added 2 copies of the pic though:dunno:

Awesome, thank you very much once again ! :thumbsup:

I created two more pages myself:
Convert PW to Fuel Mass - SCT SRT Wiki
Fuel Mass to PW Conversion - SCT SRT Wiki
Those are still works in progress :readclose

Also added a 'create page' link on the front page main page and added an 'all pages' to the nav bar so we can easily see all the pages on the site.

Next I'd like to get around to creating some 'tuning basics' pages, like setting up for bigger injectors and a return line, boost management, etc.

Thanks again for your help Sour Kraut! And everyone else to, don't be shy :readclose

·
Premium Member
2,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
changing injectors and RRFPR added. Boost management was pretty covered slightly with the Desired Torque page but can be redone.

Once again, I can't thank you enough! :clap:

Changing Fuel Injectors - SCT SRT Wiki

I have couple php scripts kicking around that can do the fuel conversion by just the user putting in their new injector size and fuel pressure. I think I might add that to that page if I get a minute tonight :)

The Desired Torque - SCT SRT Wiki page is great! I think its just fine IMO. Im wondering where my mind was when I typed that post last night?

The page is starting to come together now, thanks so much again for your help!

Already alot of great info on there, and Im sure more to come. Anything else you think we should be concentrating on right now?

·
Technical Tuning & EFI/EMS Electronics moderator
1,431 Posts
The Desired Torque - SCT SRT Wiki page is great! I think its just fine IMO. Im wondering where my mind was when I typed that post last night?

The page is starting to come together now, thanks so much again for your help!

Already alot of great info on there, and Im sure more to come. Anything else you think we should be concentrating on right now?
Too late, I already added boost control... i have nothing better to do at work. I'm gonna add gear/speed based boost either later today or tomorrow. besides that, you may want to find the little things scattered through out this forum like the fan controls, setting up 3 bar, rev limiter, speed limiter. The basic stuff.

·
Premium Member
2,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Too late, I already added boost control... i have nothing better to do at work. I'm gonna add gear/speed based boost either later today or tomorrow. besides that, you may want to find the little things scattered through out this forum like the fan controls, setting up 3 bar, rev limiter, speed limiter. The basic stuff.

That will be my goal tonight (time permitting) as well as getting the fuel calculators up. Thanks again for the help! We should sticky this thing soon :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 151 Posts