Dodge SRT Forum banner

4941 - 4960 of 4963 Posts

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
Drag DR-34's... they look good but I found out they weigh in around 28 lbs each without the tire! So I will be looking for something a little lighter sometime later this year.

And happily I am the first to have this front end design, I was looking for fangs and this was the best way of doing that.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Drag DR-34's... they look good but I found out they weigh in around 28 lbs each without the tire! So I will be looking for something a little lighter sometime later this year.

And happily I am the first to have this front end design, I was looking for fangs and this was the best way of doing that.

The fangs look great! I also really like how just the inner part of the grill is black. Im browsing looking for ideas for future cosmetics.

Btw, which antenna is that you have? I am not a fan of the short ones but that one looks very nice

·
Registered
3,879 Posts

Shit, those are heavier than the chromed, OEM 19's on my CSRT when I had it.

Still very happy with the 17 x 7 (45 offset) Centerline Storms on my Neon SRT-4 after 15 years!
14lbs without the tire, forged alloy for strength, brakes seems to last forever, unsprung weight redux really helps handling but not straight line traction.
And yes, the polished Storms do need polishing every few years for bling.

Centerline also made RPM's in anodized black (kind of satin finish), if you like the "Eastern European" look of flat black wheels.
The RPM's were slightly lighter than the Storms but again, they were also forged alloy.

Not sure if Centerline makes either the Storms or the RPM's anymore.
But I like them now just as much as I did in 2003 when they cost about $185 each.

*EDIT*
Looks like Centerline was recently acquired so there goes my Lifetime Warranty. Still I got my moneysworth IMHO.
http://www.centerlinewheels.com/

Finally, here are some pics of the Centerline Storms on various cars, including red SRT-4's:
https://www.google.com/search?q=centerline+storm+17x7&tbm=isch&tbs=rimg:CWF6Ej6Tw_13MIjgThy-tJ1cUz6zFCQXfe7q2w4Q1iCW2fcrkkpPY_19i1iem0m0_1EfZ9LN0g6J9EdAe825Ak0t7gaNioSCROHL60nVxTPEUMeW5QTJcZeKhIJrMUJBd97urYR1R9U5wTDnYsqEgnDhDWIJbZ9yhHeJCvORR6BByoSCeSSk9j_12LWJEZNe8XI1rG-PKhIJ6bSbT8R9n0sRpw2tg7S3mewqEgk3SDon0R0B7xFnD2-huPyR0SoSCTbkCTS3uBo2EWtqFdDXIIv7&tbo=u&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjOwtmpmcXYAhWn24MKHZ7FD6YQ9C8IHw&biw=1920&bih=949&dpr=1

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
ahh the antenna... lol. Its a rubber ducky one from the 1980's that I have had laying around forever! Probably got it from Western Auto or someplace long extinct by now. Its kinda like a speedometer, the faster you go the farther back it bends!

As for the fangs, I too was looking for anything but the Evo mod, so played out around here.

Edit: found one on eBay just like it, but I just used the top part of it, the thread doesnt exactly match but once it was screwed on there it will be really hard for someone to steal it since its slightly cross-threaded!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Waterproof-Marine-Boat-Car-Radio-Antenna-FM-AM-Dipole-Flexible-Rubber-Duck/162835259091

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
yeh but everybody has those... might go for some Motegi's or something else less popular and/or common.
Although as mentioned, I do have better traction with the heavier wheels, I have no problems with putting the power to the ground from the start even though it still spins in 3rd a bit.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Shit, those are heavier than the chromed, OEM 19's on my CSRT when I had it.

Still very happy with the 17 x 7 (45 offset) Centerline Storms on my Neon SRT-4 after 15 years!
14lbs without the tire, forged alloy for strength, brakes seems to last forever, unsprung weight redux really helps handling but not straight line traction.
And yes, the polished Storms do need polishing every few years for bling.

Centerline also made RPM's in anodized black (kind of satin finish), if you like the "Eastern European" look of flat black wheels.
The RPM's were slightly lighter than the Storms but again, they were also forged alloy.

Not sure if Centerline makes either the Storms or the RPM's anymore.
But I like them now just as much as I did in 2003 when they cost about $185 each.

*EDIT*
Looks like Centerline was recently acquired so there goes my Lifetime Warranty. Still I got my moneysworth IMHO.
CENTER LINE WHEELS - Home

Finally, here are some pics of the Centerline Storms on various cars, including red SRT-4's:
https://www.google.com/search?q=centerline+storm+17x7&tbm=isch&tbs=rimg:CWF6Ej6Tw_13MIjgThy-tJ1cUz6zFCQXfe7q2w4Q1iCW2fcrkkpPY_19i1iem0m0_1EfZ9LN0g6J9EdAe825Ak0t7gaNioSCROHL60nVxTPEUMeW5QTJcZeKhIJrMUJBd97urYR1R9U5wTDnYsqEgnDhDWIJbZ9yhHeJCvORR6BByoSCeSSk9j_12LWJEZNe8XI1rG-PKhIJ6bSbT8R9n0sRpw2tg7S3mewqEgk3SDon0R0B7xFnD2-huPyR0SoSCTbkCTS3uBo2EWtqFdDXIIv7&tbo=u&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjOwtmpmcXYAhWn24MKHZ7FD6YQ9C8IHw&biw=1920&bih=949&dpr=1
I use to have the centerline storms on a spec v Sentra I had. Mine were 19" and thry do look great on cars... Don't weigh to much either I don't think but this has been many years ago so I could be wrong.

·
Registered
282 Posts

Hey MainEvent, no disrespect to anyone else but just wanted to say your SRT is one of sharpest looking ones iv seen! Bravo!

Even though im proud to be apart of Flame Red group, its my least favorite color... Im trying to find ways to spice it up to my liking and your wheels really make the car. To be honest I dont care for that style of wheels but w the color the car looks real tough. I saw a pic you posted with white lettering too with that and the beefy tires I think it looks amazing. Between your & UbIlln's design ideas, I might be fully satisfied some day. Beautiful cars guys!

ME - I was wondering what tail lights those are?

·
Registered
8,788 Posts
Hey MainEvent, no disrespect to anyone else but just wanted to say your SRT is one of sharpest looking ones iv seen! Bravo!

Even though im proud to be apart of Flame Red group, its my least favorite color... Im trying to find ways to spice it up to my liking and your wheels really make the car. To be honest I dont care for that style of wheels but w the color the car looks real tough. I saw a pic you posted with white lettering too with that and the beefy tires I think it looks amazing. Between your & UbIlln's design ideas, I might be fully satisfied some day. Beautiful cars guys!

ME - I was wondering what tail lights those are?
Thanks man, wheels are chronium black xxr 527s 17x8.25 +35 with 245/45s. Tails are clk style, not sure if they still make them. After a while I realized they were actually kind of tacky.

I have since switched to the black depo led tails.

·
Registered
4,727 Posts
14 years later, finally in a official color thread other than silver.

Say hi to SRT-4 #4 :

Confession.... I've always wanted a Flame Red '4. First video I ever saw / exhaust clip I heard in '03 was a red fly-by.

·
Registered
282 Posts
ahh the antenna... lol. Its a rubber ducky one from the 1980's that I have had laying around forever! Probably got it from Western Auto or someplace long extinct by now. Its kinda like a speedometer, the faster you go the farther back it bends!

As for the fangs, I too was looking for anything but the Evo mod, so played out around here.

Edit: found one on eBay just like it, but I just used the top part of it, the thread doesnt exactly match but once it was screwed on there it will be really hard for someone to steal it since its slightly cross-threaded!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Waterproof-Marine-Boat-Car-Radio-Antenna-FM-AM-Dipole-Flexible-Rubber-Duck/162835259091
Sorry I missed this, thanks for the info in the antenna. I might have found a few that would be cool. They seem to be more for marine applications nowadays.

Also, have you ever considered painting the spoiler black? Im pretty mixed on the matter but man I really think it adds extra "edge" to them...

·
Registered
282 Posts
Thanks man, wheels are chronium black xxr 527s 17x8.25 +35 with 245/45s. Tails are clk style, not sure if they still make them. After a while I realized they were actually kind of tacky.

I have since switched to the black depo led tails.
Great info! Thanks

The CLK style makes sense now that you said it. Honestly it reminded me of the Dart tail lights. If there was a light bar that went across the trunk w those tail lights, I think it would fit right in w the newer Dodge styles.

Tough looking ride man and the paint looks amazing. Congrats

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
Sorry I missed this, thanks for the info in the antenna. I might have found a few that would be cool. They seem to be more for marine applications nowadays.

Also, have you ever considered painting the spoiler black? Im pretty mixed on the matter but man I really think it adds extra "edge" to them...
I actually have a complete black trunk and spoiler and have swapped out the spoiler a couple of times just to see how it looks... still on the fence about whether I like it better or not. Probably will just do a trunk and spoiler swap soon since I wrapped the roof.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I actually have a complete black trunk and spoiler and have swapped out the spoiler a couple of times just to see how it looks... still on the fence about whether I like it better or not. Probably will just do a trunk and spoiler swap soon since I wrapped the roof.
Figured you might have a black trunk or at least the rear panel, wasnt sure though. Im definitely mixed on the matter as well. Red, Orange & Yellow seem to pull it off ok. The more I see it the more I think about trying it out. I cannot find the pic that looked the best with it but IMO do think the matching color trunk with black spoiler looks the best.

I didnt want to put ideas out there as if your car needed it or anything. Im still in the phase of looking back at the car while I walk away, hope that never goes away :) But iv been trying to imagine the spoiler black before turning to look and iv found my self wishing it was black.

So far I really like the idea of Comm. Edition Stripes (Black), Hood Scoop Decal (Red), 2.4L DOHC Lower Side Stripes & Black Spoiler.

However, if I can get the paint to shine like MainEvent's then id be happy as can be :) I also kind of like a few iv seen w Silver or White stripes. The wife doesnt care for those ideas but then again she thinks I shouldnt mess with it :rofl:

4941 - 4960 of 4963 Posts
About this Discussion
5K Replies
709 Participants
DarKKnight54
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing