Dodge SRT Forum banner

2021 - 2033 of 2033 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
I thought it might be for downforce, I just didn't want to sound stupid haha.
And I personally like the way the edr9 look.. and for 600 a set, it can't be beat. They aren't the lightest rims but I for me it's not that critical.

·
Premium Member (Lifetime),
1,375 Posts
Hey how do you like those einkei wheels ? I'm not a huge fan of them on our car however their weight and price cannot be beat. By my calculations I can save about 5 lbs per corner which is about 20lbs less unsprung weight on the car ..... Noticeable difference ? Worth it ?

It is a noticeable difference on the fact that i can run 245's compared to the stock 205's. Weight-wise, it is hard to tell unless you do a huge amount of weight loss all at once.

·
Premium Member (Lifetime),
1,375 Posts
I thought it might be for downforce, I just didn't want to sound stupid haha.
And I personally like the way the edr9 look.. and for 600 a set, it can't be beat. They aren't the lightest rims but I for me it's not that critical.

Hahaha no worries dude. I dont think anyone knows everything!

My enkei's shoot in at about 15.6 lbs per wheel i believe and are forged while the OZ's weigh in the same and are cast but look wayyyyy better!!! These specific set of OZ's have a pretty good history of being on road race SRT's so they are kinda special.

·
Registered
473 Posts
My car is finally almost done after a long wait. Just figured I would post a few pics. It is a S257 twin scroll log manifold setup. Will be running around 30psi in E85. My gauge bezel came in last week that I got from Ortiz Customs. Turned out nice. Also added a few pics with my challenger scat pack I bought last month. Enjoy.

Attachments

·
Registered
988 Posts
If the chrome on your emblems is flaking away black plasti dip looks good on silver...

I might do this to mine. I haven't dabbled much into plastidip, but what's the best way to spray letters or emblems? Just lots of light coats, waiting 10-15 minutes between them? Then use a toothpick to separate the letters from the body ( in this case , the trunk lid ) it seems the few times I did use plasti , it would always stick to my painters tape and when I would pull it off it would take the plasti with it

·
Registered
6,457 Posts
My car is finally almost done after a long wait. Just figured I would post a few pics. It is a S257 twin scroll log manifold setup. Will be running around 30psi in E85. My gauge bezel came in last week that I got from Ortiz Customs. Turned out nice. Also added a few pics with my challenger scat pack I bought last month. Enjoy.
Nice toys. And the SRT-4 is fantastic. So clean!

I might do this to mine. I haven't dabbled much into plastidip, but what's the best way to spray letters or emblems? Just lots of light coats, waiting 10-15 minutes between them? Then use a toothpick to separate the letters from the body ( in this case , the trunk lid ) it seems the few times I did use plasti , it would always stick to my painters tape and when I would pull it off it would take the plasti with it
The trick with the emblems is to spray it at an angle from the right and let it dry around 15 minutes. Then from the left and let it dry. Then from up, down, straight on... That way it gets under the edges and won't come up when you scrape away the excess. You don't need to tape around each letter either. Just around the whole thing, and the rest you can peel away. What I did was use a tooth pick to get inside the letters and around edges.
This video was very helpful...

Here's mine while I was doing it...

·
Registered
6,457 Posts
It's that damn PhotoBucket. They want money now if you want to post pics.
Side note... That plasti-dip on my emblems shown above is still intact after 2.5 years and countless car washes, Texas sun, Chicago snow and ice... Good stuff!

2021 - 2033 of 2033 Posts
About this Discussion
2K Replies
448 Participants
BORN TO HATE
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing