Dodge SRT Forum banner

The Official 2013 Nurburgring Meet thread

2K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  Caliber 50 
#1 ·
Here it is, finally got around to getting something together. Now that we did the first one last year, I have a better idea on how to plan things. As with the last one, don't feel like you have to do everything planned; it's more of a guideline really. One of the things I learned from last year was to plan things around an event other than just the tourist rides.

So, enough of me blabbing. Here's what I have in mind:

16 - 18 August: checking out the DTM races. I like this because tickets are around 10 Euros per person and it'll be amazing to watch. The Nordschleife will still be open then so we have the flexibility to drive some laps if people choose so. Here's the link to the DTM info: DTM (German Touring Car Masters) - Nürburgring

19 - 20 August: visiting the castle, museum, fixing our possibly broken cars (Fred won't be bringing the Mazda down so we're good) and then taking advantage of the Nordschleife during the evenings. That's when we get much less people on the track and can really tear it up. Here's the link to the Nordschleife schedule: Opening times Nordschleife - Nürburgring

Last year three of us stayed at the Hotel Am Tiergarten (home of the famous Pistonklaus restaurant). It was really nice and centrally located but a little on the expensive side. Here's the link: Hotel am Tiergarten Nürburg am Nürburgring

For prices, here's the link: Tourist rides Nordschleife - Nürburgring

I know that Fred (my friend with the RX8 that detonated it's motor on his way back to the UK) and I are interested in staying where the Dutch bros stayed at; Hotel An Der Nordschleife. Hotel An Der Nordschleife - Hotel

Other than that, same thing goes as last year. Be safe and shit, don't be dumb, know your limitations and all that. Thoughts/comments?

See less See more
#3 ·
Just as an FYI, I might not be able to go during this time. Between my kids' summer time off, a last minute TDY and a base exercise right beforehand, it might not be a good time for me, let alone Fred. Now, that's not to say other people can't go forward with this. It's pretty easy as all the information is available.

#12 ·
man this is a real bummer, i missed it last year and will probably miss it this year too, but being in the desert I have had some time to save up and plan for some fun projects to show off for the next ring meeting

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.