Dodge SRT Forum banner
61 - 80 of 118 Posts
Damn good work Mario sounds like ur on scedule!
Still have to replace my fuel returnline, but have to find a place where they sell them here in Holland.
Going to put my brakes on this evening.

Nearly there then Mario!

I am not going to be able to make it. This trip is going to cost too much money, money which I don't have. I can see this easily being a £1k+ trip, and that is not including wear/tear + breakages =( It will have to be next time for me.

Discussion starter · #63 ·
I hear you Chris. If things change or you think you can make it some other time, let me know. This will not be my last time down here.

Update; bolted the stock exhaust back up but with a 3in. QTP downpipe with e-cutout and wired it up last night. Just have to wire up side indicators, recheck my brake lines and then I should be good to go. Have to then bed the pads in, get an alignment, and then finally get an MOT.

I hear you Chris. If things change or you think you can make it some other time, let me know. This will not be my last time down here.

Update; bolted the stock exhaust back up but with a 3in. QTP downpipe with e-cutout and wired it up last night. Just have to wire up side indicators, recheck my brake lines and then I should be good to go. Have to then bed the pads in, get an alignment, and then finally get an MOT.
Next year is a good possibility, trying to get pennies in the bank! My buddy should be able to come then too if he has enough time in advance to bring the fund bank up.

I went to an awesome shop in Milton Keynes this week to get my car aligned. They know their stuff! They do the basics like tyre fit, alignment, exhaust, brakes. They aligned to the specs I wanted. They will do corner weighing as well! The prices are reasonable too. They have only recently opened shop, but look like the real deal. They are heading towards a proper full set up speed shop. They sell coilovers and are working on their own range of aftermarket parts, a bit like ModernPerformance. I would highly recommend them for your alignment! They had a Countach up on the hoist while I was there.

UK Tyres Online Cheap Car Tyres Shop | Blackboots Wheels in Motion

Discussion starter · #65 ·
Just got an alignment done a week ago and got the car MOT'd, finally. So after almost a year, the car is finally road legal.

So, here's the deal. We plan on getting there Saturday the 15th. Unfortunately the Nordschleife isn't open to the public that day but no need to fret, they've got some racing going on that we can all check out; GLP Regularity Test - Nürburgring

The next morning however, it's on like Donkey Kong. The Nordschleife opens up at 0800 so I'd like to meet up there at 0730 so that we're ready to go when it opens. Want to get some good laps before the rest of the crowd shows up.

Also as an update, I will be down in Germany not only for this but for a 6 week course down there as well. So if people are going to be around and they want to go back to the 'Ring one weekend, just let me know. I expect to wear down my new tires by the end of my trip. :)

Where will you be taking your course at? Where are you at in UK? I will be in both places quite a bit over the next year.

Discussion starter · #67 ·
I'll be down in the Kaiserslautern area for 6 weeks starting end of September. In the UK, I'm around the RAF Lakenheath/Mildenhall area. You should let me know when you're in either of those areas. :)

I'll be at Lakenheath 17-19 Sep, then straight to Spangdahlem until the 24th. I will be back many times over the next year.

mods list will come soon once I finalize my order from modern, right now though it has a 3" magnaflow with cat delete, but it is pretty rusted and wont pass inspection also has been throwing CEL for exhaust leak, its also pretty apparent my flex pipe looks like a birds nest and its all ripped up. and it has AEM CAI that is all for now son I will have some stuff

Damn, if you are not sure you wanna come down, and run the ring. Maby this video will change that!

the most amazing car´s will be at the ring at the same weekend.
I'm talking about:

koenigsegg's agera R
Koenigsegg CCX
Dodge Viper ACR Hardcore Edition
Dodge Viper GTS
Zonda's cinque
McLaren MP4-12C
5x fer. 458
Ford GT
Merc SLR
Lambo Aventador
Ferrari 599 GTB
GTR's

enough to drool about/over :lol:

hey so we should try and get everyone together for another meet over a weekend, where we can meet somewhere in the middle and we can all do a big picture?

Discussion starter · #75 ·
Let's try and keep this topic on track guys.

Not too much longer left gents. Is anybody else going to be there on Monday and Tuesday as well? The GP portion of the track is going to be available to drive on Wednesday. I know a few of us are definitely going to give it a try. A chance to drive on an F1 track? Yes please!

I will try and be there on any of those days I obviousley work during the day but after work I can come out I am only about an hour from the ring

Yes, will def. be there.
but probably only the 2 of us. schedule of my girl has changed, study on monday.

not sure if I come down on sat. allready, will probably get there on sunday along with my brother.... but I´m afraid hotels etc. are allready fully booked. Still have to check.
Could you send me the link again of the place you will stay Mario??

and do you know how much extra you have to pay for the GP track.
Dunno the exact corners, so have to watch some more vid's :jester:

Yup new tires on the way, have to get the tune dialed in this week....
If money is there i will definately join u on the gp circuit! I took some days off
so i will be there uptil tuesday. Going to trailer the car down there, its cheaper on gas
and its extra safety for when someone breaks down ;)

61 - 80 of 118 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.