Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, i thought it would be a good idea if all of us who are sprayin have a thread where we can share tricks and tips and other things. i guess every body, if you want to, put your kit info here so people can compare and get ideas. i guess ill start...

N.O.S. universal v8 kit, wet setup, single fogger, no upgraded fuel system, n.o.s. bottle heater,no purge, and activated by a arming switch with a momentary switch. jets are 46 n20, 34 fuel, and i have yet to see what my a/f r's are like on a dyno. my plugs are coming out on the rich side, so i could probably lean out a bit, but im happy with what i have. also no track time as of yet.

i have upgraded the ignition, and my plugs are gapped at .035. lets hear
what everybody else is running

·
Registered
8,204 Posts
I currently am running a S2 with nitrous setup..

80shot, S2, stock exhaust(yeah yeah I know), 3" CAI, CCA FMIC, Profec II EBC, bottle heater, and purge. Running 48n2o and 22fuel at 11.5AFR. Click on my dyno numbers in my sig for the graph..

I plan on getting an RPM window switch so I can go back to WOT shifting again.. without that, I'm too afraid to.. If I miss my gear, boom!

·
Banned
4,021 Posts
80shot, S2, stock exhaust(yeah yeah I know), 3" CAI, CCA FMIC, Profec II EBC, bottle heater, and purge. Running 48n2o and 22fuel at 11.5AFR. Click on my dyno numbers in my sig for the graph..

I plan on getting an RPM window switch so I can go back to WOT shifting again.. without that, I'm too afraid to.. If I miss my gear, boom!
dude,
that's almost exactly the set up i have...
except my nx nitrous is going in next week.

S2 w.toys, 3" O2 back, CCA FMIC, (Iceman cai, Iceman TB, Nemo ported intake manifold Walbro 255 pump and NX wet nitrous going in next week- purge, rpm switch, remote bottle opener, the whole 9) looking to try around 75-80hp shot to start with as my S2 is running filthy rich right now with Denso 22's.
Got the AEM A/F gauge going in as well so i can monitor what's going on while spraying...i wanna go as big a n2o shot as possible, we'll see.

you say you like the 48n2o and 22fuel setup?
i'm getting Nemo to do the cold side hardpipe tapped for the n2o nozzle just before the Iceman TB as well.
Would like to know from someone where their rpm switch is set up (from-to what rpms)

Also, i don't have any boost controller on my S2...kind of want to keep the stock S2 boost psi's, just for reliability sake...but those are some impressive dyno numbers from your S2 w/the controller, what psi you pushing and how is it holding? Check your EGT's?

·
Registered
8,204 Posts
robino said:
dude,
that's almost exactly the set up i have...
except my nx nitrous is going in next week.

S2 w.toys, 3" O2 back, CCA FMIC, (Iceman cai, Iceman TB, Nemo ported intake manifold Walbro 255 pump and NX wet nitrous going in next week- purge, rpm switch, remote bottle opener, the whole 9) looking to try around 75-80hp shot to start with as my S2 is running filthy rich right now with Denso 22's.
Got the AEM A/F gauge going in as well so i can monitor what's going on while spraying...i wanna go as big a n2o shot as possible, we'll see.

you say you like the 48n2o and 22fuel setup?
i'm getting Nemo to do the cold side hardpipe tapped for the n2o nozzle just before the Iceman TB as well.
Would like to know from someone where their rpm switch is set up (from-to what rpms)

Also, i don't have any boost controller on my S2...kind of want to keep the stock S2 boost psi's, just for reliability sake...but those are some impressive dyno numbers from your S2 w/the controller, what psi you pushing and how is it holding? Check your EGT's?
Yeah your setup should be good for 375+ on just a 75shot. My car probably puts out more like 350 on a normal day.. It was 107 degrees the day I dyno'd so I know that was hurting my hp..

I do like my EBC though because when you spray, you typically see an increase in boost by about 2 psi.. I'm already pushing 19-20psi with just s2, so the ebc keeps it right there even while I'm spraying, no spiking.

I also need to free up my exhaust and get hard pipes, that should put me at like 375ish.. Then I need to do what myfault did and get a FPR and a walbro so I can up the nitrous some more.. Don't wanna go much more above a 75shot without more fuel.. So I hear anyways.

·
Banned
4,021 Posts
I do like my EBC though because when you spray, you typically see an increase in boost by about 2 psi.. I'm already pushing 19-20psi with just s2, so the ebc keeps it right there even while I'm spraying, no spiking.
what kind of boost controller do you have and how does it bypass the S2 boost controller?
i'm seeing at most 18psi in third, maybe 19psi in fourth, best case scenario...so spraying should pump me up one or two psi then? not too bad, i don't have the return setup but i will have the Walbro 255 pump in there keeping pressure constant.

·
Registered
4,198 Posts
I know the SRT-4 has a returnless fuel system.. but does the regulator in the tank raise fuel pressure in relation to manifold pressure? And if not.. how do you get the nitrous jetting correct for different boost levels? Because as boost rises, and the differential between intake pressure and fuel pressre in the N2O system is reduced, so does your fuel flow.

·
Banned
4,021 Posts
Profec B Spec II. I get 20psi in 1st>2nd>3rd>4th>5th if I want it..
and still your S2 is running rich...have you checked your EGT's?
my question again, with the Profec B Spec, how are you bypassing the stock S2 boost controler? Or do you NOT have toys on your S2?

how much is one of them Profecs? Hard to install? Needs a diff. WGA than the S2?

also does the S2 pcm do anythng funny with the Profec? retard timing, cut fuel?

·
Banned
4,021 Posts
harder to do with my TOYS i take it...
it's ok, i'm happy with the psi i'm pushing, traction becomes a prob. in the lower gears puching more psi's anyway...
you using a map clamp of some sort? Is the PCM doing anything funny seeing all that boost? Retrading/cutting fuel once in a while?

check your EGT ever? how safe is it to go 20 psi on S2 PCM?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.