Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know alot of you are waiting on a review and let me start off by saying this system is worth EVERY penny. If you want traction get this! I got it yesterday as promised in a nice box with ALOT of bubble wrap, a very well put together installation manual with pics and basic techniques you'll need for the install. Everything else neatly put together, tuner software, etc. It really made things much easier with the manual, took me about 3 hours since i didnt have a few tools and took my time. I got it all put together and took it for a spin, keep in mind im on a full bolt on .50 trim car running 22psi with a pretty aggressive tune. I was told you have to move 5mph to get the system to engage so i drove around the block, came to a stop and engaged the 2-step feature for the first time and i as really amazed, sounded great and worked great, its set at 3500 which is the default and seems to work fine.

Today i actually take it out to practice some launching on street tires, and get some vids just to prove to everyone how well it works. First while im driving around out of curiosity i get on it first just to see how it is and WOW, no spin at all, i shift into second hear a chirp and take off once again, i had no idea and didnt realize what just happened since i usually spin ridiculously through first and second, i have 225/45/17 Bridgestone Potenza RE-01R's which are great for dry traction but didnt help at all before i got the TCS. So now its time to launch with the 2-step and go a step further. I go to a secluded country road and proceed to launch for the first time. I rev to 3500 and after about 3 seconds i let out the clutch fast, not completely dropping but close, it screeched and proceeded to hook until end of first gear i hear a little spin, i shift to second once again and chirp and take off, i had the biggest smile on my face and my car was actually fun to drive again. Basically you can drop the clutch with the 2 step ON street tires and take off, it really is amazing how it works, especially on the default setting, if i wanted i can make it more aggressive and i wont spin at all...but i think its fine how it is for now. After about 3 launches and some pulls in first gear my clutch starts to slip real bad, i guess from the traction my clutchmasters stage 3 cant hold the TQ. It was also really hot outside so i dont know if that was the culprit, hopefully it was or im gonna have to get a new clutch:buah: :crying:

i was looking forward to going to the track and seeing what i can do on street tires but now the clutch so i donno...
Overall im really impressed with New Design Electronics and their TCS system, it works just like they said it does and like its shown in the vids on their site. Whoever is considering purchasing this go for it. Its not only for people who cant drive but for cars that get no traction, this really helps out 300WHP+ SRT's and i think this is really gonna change things, we can actually go forward now! I have some vids but wont have them up until tomm. I also have some pics of the product after taking out of the box, i was really lucky and got in on the first batch. And to all the non-believers, yes this works and if you dont believe me youll have to see for yourself. If you really think about it, its a really good idea they came up with and it works flawlessly, these guys know their stuff, kept in constant contact and was very informative and helpful with questions with the install and the initial setup. HUGE asset to this community.:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
8,066 Posts
awesome man i cant wait to get the money for mine adn my new big turbo
even thoug i still havent decided what turbo i want im think gt35 but im not sure

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
GT35 would be sick, just think you'll have traction but you still have to spool the big bitch.

·
Registered
8,066 Posts
yeah i cant decide waht i want to do i mean im looking for 400-450 and i know i can go that on a 50 trim but with the gt i always have more to go

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks much for the review... I'm sure many were waiting. Glad you are happy with the product, and looking forward to the vids and pics!
yeh tomm for sure ill post em up...i usually dont write reviews but i felt it was necessary :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
:clap: :clap:

yay! i cant wait to get mine...

if only i had my car now :crying:

i would actually enjoy no traction right now...:buah:

rental pt cruiser FTMFL

·
Registered
7,826 Posts
Great review mate. I can't wait to get mine sometime this week. I have been looking forward to traction ever since I heard this was coming out. Traction is the #1 reason I lose most races from a dig. I got plenty of power to be running down an Evo or STI but when I have to make up the 3-5 car lengths I lose in the beginning due to lack of traction that becomes hard, especially on a short race. This actually might give me a chance.

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
scottw03 said:
Great review mate. I can't wait to get mine sometime this week. I have been looking forward to traction ever since I heard this was coming out. Traction is the #1 reason I lose most races from a dig. I got plenty of power to be running down an Evo or STI but when I have to make up the 3-5 car lengths I lose in the beginning due to lack of traction that becomes hard, especially on a short race. This actually might give me a chance.
yeah your gonna love it, they will still launch ahead maybe a car but actually getting traction in 1st and 2nd youll catch up ALOT faster...

·
Registered
7,826 Posts
SupeRfasT-4 said:
scottw03 said:
yeah your gonna love it, they will still launch ahead maybe a car but actually getting traction in 1st and 2nd youll catch up ALOT faster...
Exactly what I was thinking. Would love to launch like them but know that will never happen with this car. Just looking for something to narrow the gap between them though. :)

Can't wait to get it.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
This mod alone will make so many people keep there cars alot longer than they are. I'd like to get on the next ordering list but i have no money right now. Hopefully soon. Should change the SRT-4 world dramatically!

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
awesome! i cant wait to get this and my new setup in and tuned!

·
Registered
3,946 Posts
Did you have to mentally retrain your WOT style, like change to a video game where you just keep pedal down (no feathering) because its THAT much better?

·
Registered
4,857 Posts
People are going to freek out when we no longer are that "from a roll" car. With the ability to cut good 60's with minimal traction loss....we will be able to take over the world!

·
Registered
275 Posts
going crazy waiting for mine! especialy since my tires are worn they don't hook until 3rd. hopefully installed and tested by sat. hmm this product should also help tire life a little lol

·
Premium Member
4,877 Posts
wow im very interested in this! sounds awsome!

1 - 20 of 94 Posts