Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I was outside a store in Old Town Folsom, this blue WRX screams by me the BOV was soooooo loud, way louder than my HKS bov(and its loud), he backed the car up to park it, just feathering the gas not making boost it was loud! PPPSSSHHHH, it was as loud as my HKS bov is under boost, when he was just parking it in reverse! Anyone have any idea what kind of BOV this is? I want it!! I wanted to ask him but he was on his cel phone. I think it might have been the turboxs RFL. Anyone think they might know what kind of BOV it was?

Ryan

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
What kind of HKS do you have?? The SSQ HKS is really loud and the R2D2 unit is Loud as well. Not sure man there are a ton of BOVs that can be really loud.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Quite possible you heard the turboxs rfl. I've used many different bov's (blitz dd, hks ss, greddy typeS, turboxs type H, turboxs rfl) and the rfl is hands down the loudest. Only thing that I can complain about is that the piston in the bov would need to be lubed every week or it would get stuck causing a boost leak or it would not vent. Kind of a bummer cause I really liked the sound. The hks is the next in loudness.

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
Thats why personaly I am not a fan of the piston type BOV and prefer the HKS. Blitz had a very good unit which I had on my car. I never really had an issue with that but I would look at other fellow supra owners and you can see the scratches all along the piston from going up and down. They would complain about the piston sticking also, though personalyh I had no problem and was happy with my blitz kit.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I have the RFL and it is loud as hell sometimes and other times it won't really blow off as loud. But when it does it is pretty loud. Does anybody know why it does not blow off sometimes. But if he does not have the RFL then he has the blitz bov because those two are the loudest on the market.

·
Registered
5,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quite possible you heard the turboxs rfl. I've used many different bov's (blitz dd, hks ss, greddy typeS, turboxs type H, turboxs rfl) and the rfl is hands down the loudest. Only thing that I can complain about is that the piston in the bov would need to be lubed every week or it would get stuck causing a boost leak or it would not vent. Kind of a bummer cause I really liked the sound. The hks is the next in loudness.

How hard is it to lube the piston? I like the HKS alot, that BOV in the WRX just sounded bad ass though!

Ryan

·
Super Moderator
Black ‘21 Mach 1 Mustang Tremec 6-Speed/Recaros
6,326 Posts
Where's Nathan at, he should be able to clear this up?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Make sure you run a totally new vacuum line from the manifold for your aftermarket BOV. The stock vac line has a solenoid in it and sometimes it will not allow your BOV to actually "blow off."

As for lubing the piston, frankly on my car I have done it all of once about 1 year ago.

Worst case, you should just clean it up every 3000 miles when you change the oil in your car. It takes all of about 2 minutes to unscrew the cap pull the piston and wipe it down.

·
Super Moderator
Black ‘21 Mach 1 Mustang Tremec 6-Speed/Recaros
6,326 Posts
Thanks Nathan, that was quick.

Thanks for reassuring me as well, I'm placing my order w/Kevin (AGP Turbo) tomorrow. :lol:

·
Registered
5,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Make sure you run a totally new vacuum line from the manifold for your aftermarket BOV. The stock vac line has a solenoid in it and sometimes it will not allow your BOV to actually "blow off."

As for lubing the piston, frankly on my car I have done it all of once about 1 year ago.

Worst case, you should just clean it up every 3000 miles when you change the oil in your car. It takes all of about 2 minutes to unscrew the cap pull the piston and wipe it down.

Thanks, So you think I should run a new line off the intake manifold to the hks BOV rather than use the line that came with the upp kit that connects to the stock bov vac line? If so what line should I T into off the manifold?

Ryan

·
Registered
127 Posts
ryansrt said:

Thanks, So you think I should run a new line off the intake manifold to the hks BOV rather than use the line that came with the upp kit that connects to the stock bov vac line? If so what line should I T into off the manifold?

Ryan
Yes, you should run a new line from the manifold

T it into the line that runs from the manifold to the SVA solenoid.

·
Registered
5,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Also what should I do with the org line that went to the stock BOV, should I hook it back up and run both BOV's or should I use the inline block that came with the upp kit to keep it blocked off?

Thanks
Ryan

·
Registered
5,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So I'll have the stock vac line go to the checkvalve with no T anymore then to the stock BOV. Then the line from my HKS bov should T into the black line off the intake manifold! I think I got it!

Ryan

·
Registered
5,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
T it into the line that runs from the manifold to the SVA solenoid
Which one is this? I'm looking at the intake manifold, I only see two lines, one comes off right behind the throttle body, then has a line coming off of it, then theres a line a little further up on the manifold but it looks way to big to T into. Can you describe which line I need to T into? Thanks

Ryan

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
I must say that this weekend Nathan and Phil demonstrated the RFL BOV for me and I almost jumped out of my skin it was SOOOOOO LOUD!! It is one BADASS BOV and for 179.00, it's cheaper than the HKS.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.