Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, today, right @ 8:30 I brought the car to Irvine Dodge (Tutle Click) to activate my factory alarm (On my Stage 1). They had no clue what I'm talking about so, I told them how to do it (Thanks for the instructions, I don't remember his name but thanks) and bamm, done. For FREE also.
Now, my question. I searched and found everything about how to activate but there was nothing about WHAT THIS FACTORY ALARM ACTUALLY OFFERS, you know, the benefits of it over a simple KeyLess Entry and stuff. Anybody knows?

Thanks,
H.T.

·
Registered
156 Posts
As far as I know.. Factory alarm offers:

1: Little blinking light on the dash.
2: Opening a locked door without the keyless entry remote will make the headlights flash and the horn go off..

Other than that.. it should be exactly the same as the regular anti-theft stuff you've always had.. Just more noisy..

·
Registered
8 Posts
I could be wrong but. Im iupgrading To 2004 srt Keyless entry unit on my 2002 neon.
The car we got it from replace the keyless entry with aftermarket so we got it cheap.

To my surprise the unit had more than 20 wires so there for sure have more than just a keyless entry from factory. The wiring on the 2004 unit have wires for the hood and trunk sensors altho the 2004 we got it from had no sensors the wires are there so my guess is if you want a shock sensor
thats where they go mounted on.
Other than that there wires for a siren Which again the srt had none+ for the horn and for doom light,s headlight, turn signals, parking lights, cluster + all the keyless funtions we had on our 2002 which had no more than 7 wires

Dont know if this is standard or not but other than upgrading the sensor for shock, siren and a kill switch the unit is pretty much same as an aftermarket.

Oh yeah the aftermarket will not let the car start if arm the srt unit those not have anywires for this function.

·
Registered
337 Posts
DARacer said:
Oh yeah the aftermarket will not let the car start if arm the srt unit those not have anywires for this function.

The SRT DOES have an engine kill device. It's called Sentry Key. If you start the SRT-4 with any other key that the Sentry Key, the engine will run for about 2 seconds and then die.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.