Dodge SRT Forum banner

421 - 440 of 461 Posts

·
Administrator
38,858 Posts
Shifted back south with us only in the 60mph gust range and 3-4" of rain. Prepping this afternoon, decide tonight or tomorrow morning on what to do.

I saw that Wrightsville Beach hasn't issued evacuation orders yet. That's insane.

·
Super Moderator
27,896 Posts
My buddy just evacuated from South Carolina and is coming back to Florida, where he is from, with his wife and baby.
He is a lawyer in the USAF and his house is near the water. Sadly, his mint red SRT4 had to be left behind in the garage. It has under 60k miles.

·
Administrator
38,858 Posts
SC should leave, as should anyone from the Crystal Coast on south in NC. I'm staying, way less worried now than I was 12 hrs ago. That was an anomalous run and an overestimation on the shift, in the wrong direction. The deep trough on the west coast will pull the Bermuda high in toward the VA coast creating a block for Florence from coming north/east. Expect a stall along/near the coast and a drift south before going inland, soaking from south of Raleigh down through the Piedmont of SC. Some may remember the extreme flooding of that region a few years ago that shut down I20 and I95, expect similar results this time next week.

·
Premium Member
6,749 Posts
My buddy just evacuated from South Carolina and is coming back to Florida, where he is from, with his wife and baby.
He is a lawyer in the USAF and his house is near the water. Sadly, his mint red SRT4 had to be left behind in the garage. It has under 60k miles.
That sucks but life and limb comes first.

·
Registered
6,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #425
Good morning Hurricane watching/concerned bros. Stow that change in the shift of the storm is a blessing for your area. It seem the mph will decrease as it get closer to land. However, the cone is huge and the major concern will be rain and flooding once it hits land and heads inland. Friend your buddy is making a wise choice for the safety of his family. Hopefully his SRT4 will not sustain to much damage. HybridKid you're correct, life and limb always come first when facing this type of condition. I saw that your area had a little rain over the labor day period, and the flooding was already troublesome. I'am keeping my fingers crossed that nothing hit Florida. Smoger I hope the rain does not reach PA. i'am sorry Bzzt but your area might also get some action from this storm. I hope you don't pine to much for the Texas weather.

·
Registered
6,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #426
Happy hump day to all. Stow, it looks like your area will be escaping the full brunt of Florence. They are saying that SC and maybe even Georgia may be the most impacted. HybridKid they say that Florence may even turn around and head closer to Georgia or even Florida. Bzzt, it look like you may not get any impact in your neck of the woods. Friend Stow may not need to accept your offer of room to evacuate to. All eyes are on Florence, any thing is possible.

·
Premium Member
6,749 Posts
North FL looks like it will be affected. Have friends there in Jacksonville and sister in SC, we are all watching and hoping Florence speeds up at least and not wallow in the area.
I was hoping too she would have been more compact and gone to DC to take a dump up there.:laugh:

·
Administrator
38,858 Posts
I stole this.

This is how I've seen the Hurricane Florence drama play out on facebook.

Florence: I'm coming for you.
VA & SC: Please don't
NC: Bring it

Florence: The fuck did you say to me?
VA & SC: NC, dude shut the fuck up!
NC: Fuck that and fuck her windy ass. Punk ass bitch is only a CAT 3.

Florence: *powers up to CAT 4* still wanna talk shit!?
VA & SC: ... nope, we're good
NC: Not only am I going to CONTINUE to talk shit, we got Jim Cantore on his way and we are meme'ing the fuck out of you.

Florence: you have got to be kidding. Ok fine, I got something for you. *begins powering up to CAT 5*
VA & SC: ......
NC: that's cool, we already have facebook events planned such as welcoming parties, blowing all the fans at you, firing guns at you... we've cleared out ABC stores and are ready to get LIT. Bring it on turbo.

Florence: you... you guys are serious? You really aren't scared of me? But... but I.... I put so much effort into this.
VA & SC: *waiting anxiously*
NC: *chugs beer* get fucked

Florence: fine, I'll leave *shifts south*
VA: *sigh of relief*
SC: God damn it NC you are the worst big brother ever!
NC: time to man up bitch, that damn hurricane is mad.

·
Registered
6,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #430
:laugh: Great steal Stow. I ROFL at that post. NC FTW. HybridKid, I don't think your sis and friend have to worry. However, I'am watching that storm that's heading into the gulf, it might hit part of the Florida panhandle.

·
Premium Member
6,749 Posts
:laugh: Great steal Stow. I ROFL at that post. NC FTW. HybridKid, I don't think your sis and friend have to worry. However, I'am watching that storm that's heading into the gulf, it might hit part of the Florida panhandle.
I say they are going to meet up and get married and become a super-storm just like in the movies.:surprise:

·
Super Moderator
27,896 Posts
This is why I would evacuate.

Some 250,000 people along the North Carolina coast are making their way inland Wednesday as authorities are ordering people in the Outer Banks to pack up and get out as*Hurricane Florence*nears. The barrier islands are vulnerable to a potentially deadly storm surge that could reach up to *****13 feet and as much as 35 inches of rain could cause dangerous floods.****

When we dealt with hurricane Irma last year, the flooding wasn't too bad, it was more a high wind event, the strongest winds I've experienced since living in Florida since 1987.

·
Administrator
38,858 Posts
The outer banks is a term used for too much of the NC coast. For locals it is only for ocracoke up to the VA state line. We had maybe 100k people here, tourists and locals combined. We are expecting 3-4ft of surge and maybe 5 inches of rain. Everyone who's left from here is regretting it. The county is backing off some restriction deadlines because only tomorrow will be windy and off and on storms starting late tomorrow evening.

Down south, they are still screwed.

·
Registered
6,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #434
Stow, maybe your area might get an influx of people who evacuated from outer bank areas that might be in higher surge areas. I see on the news, that NC have several hard nose geezers who are not leaving their homes. God bless and protect those Geezers.

·
Super Moderator
27,896 Posts
The outer banks is a term used for too much of the NC coast. For locals it is only for ocracoke up to the VA state line. We had maybe 100k people here, tourists and locals combined. We are expecting 3-4ft of surge and maybe 5 inches of rain. Everyone who's left from here is regretting it. The county is backing off some restriction deadlines because only tomorrow will be windy and off and on storms starting late tomorrow evening.

Down south, they are still screwed.
I'm happy that your flooding won't be too bad based on what you're saying. Hopefully your power stays on.

What is for dinner tonight?

·
Administrator
38,858 Posts
Stow, maybe your area might get an influx of people who evacuated from outer bank areas that might be in higher surge areas. I see on the news, that NC have several hard nose geezers who are not leaving their homes. God bless and protect those Geezers.
A few from Hatteras island are staying up here with friends, but this morning they closed the bridges except for essential personnel so there's no getting into the county. There are no shelters set up out here, they sent everyone well inland if they wanted to go to a government shelter.

Went to work for a bit today, one block off the ocean, then drove around for a bit to see if anyone was open. Only some restaurants, but no grocery stores, and Walmart has been closed since Tues lunchtime.

·
Registered
6,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #438
Closing the bridge was a good idea. Some places are getting a good deal of flooding from the surge. By the time it get to myrtle Beach it should be mild.

·
Administrator
38,858 Posts
The bridges weren't closed due to the storm or winds, just to keep people from coming over here to be stupid on the beach. They are opening it up to most people tomorrow morning and to tourists on Sunday. They will inevitably complain that the pools are dirty, windows aren't clean, and that trash pickup didn't happen.

421 - 440 of 461 Posts
About this Discussion
460 Replies
42 Participants
friend088
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing