Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

Well I 'am finally getting back my SRT-4. Most of you know I was in an accident a couple of weeks back where the guy took off. In the end it was 19,000.00 dollars of damage including parts and labour. So as you may expect it was written off. The hardest part of the whole ordeal was when I returned from work and there was a pile of UPS boxes in my doorway. All the parts I ordered from like a month ago arrived like three days after my accident, that was the only time I cried, lol. But there was also several good things that did happen. First the guy at Durham autostar collision ( the palce where the damage estimate was done) took out my AGP BOV, and K&N filter before the car went to Impact auto auction's, he even took out my CD form the player and returned it to me! I was floored because he pretty saved me $150 bucks. I also learned alot about insurance and some options all of you may want to explore. I wen't through roughley insurance on Simcoe st. I had on my car a option called "loss recovery" in the event of a written off or stolen vehicle you are replaced with a replacement vehicle of the same year or newer, minus the deductable, instead of getting what the car is worth. Second is claim protection. Since the other car involved left the scene I was left with my insurance company paying for the repair. So when I heard of 19000 damage I thought my rates would sky rocket for sure. But guess what THEY WONT! Claim protection means I can make two claims per year, with out it afecting my rate, or driver rating. In other words this claim is deleted beofre I renew my insurance contract next year. THe insurance company even found my brand new SRT-4 replacement car, it is not blue but black, but they did all the work and I PICK IT UP NEXT WEEK! Thank you all for your kind words, and if ever anyone of you need help let me know. I now have the Car lift in my garage working again, and trust me it makes working on these cars a sinch when you are standing up instead of laying down! Thanks again and see you at the meets soon.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Hey,

That is excellent news! Glad to hear it all worked out in the end... look forward to seeing you at the meets.

MK

·
Registered
172 Posts
happy for you bud !!!

Hope you get a chance to mod the car up before the Snow comes in !

·
Registered
539 Posts
I'm glad it all worked out.. except for one detail.

BLACK!?? EWWWWWWW!!! :lol:

Just kidding. The first SRT4 I drove was a black one, and I"ll always remember that as being the one that impressed me.. first :)

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
slans said:
happy for you bud !!!

Hope you get a chance to mod the car up before the Snow comes in !
Ohh it definetly will be modded. I have parts laying all over the garage waiting to go in. It sucked so much because all the parts came in like two days after my accident, I though I was going to cry that day. I should be picking it up this coming monday I believe. :thumbsup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts