Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is what happens when hurrcanes come into the Gulf of Mexico. AND I am up in college so I missed it! :crybaby: That is the place where I surfed all the time in high school. Bob Hall Pier. Anyone that surfs in Texas should know of this spot in my hometown of Corpus Christi. Check out the video here:
www.dreamspellmovie.com/ivan/
I also posted this in off topic to make the other surfers around the US jealous :hi:
BTW, does anyone else on here surf? and I don't mean like every now and then. The surf in the video is probably one of the best times it's been there, ever. When I took trips to the Pacific side of Mexico to surf, it was way better though. Punto Burros on Punta de Mita is bad ass :thumbsup: although I think everyone knows about it now and it's crowded. I went about 3 times a few years ago. I just hear that it's real crowded now and WAY over-developed. When I went, at one point I was the only one in the WATER! :wah?!: :clap: :clap:

·
Registered
218 Posts
I surf, but not on a board but in a C-1 canoe, looks like a kayak but it's a canoe. I usually surf in a river instead of the ocean no slat and the rides last as long as you can stay on, though I've been to Corpus when a cold front was coming in and it was awesome (10-12')! Not being use to surfing on a moving wave I would out run the wave instead of staying up on the wave face. Getting out was a bitch too! A couple of times I got back surfed pretty good.

River surfing is greatness the pic below is from my Grand Canyon trip this past March. You can surf your ass off on the Grand! My boat in the pic is 12' 6" long and the rapid is Crystal.

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow that's sweet. I bet it was a big change going from stationary to moving wave. I have alsoseen people do river 'surfing' on bodyboards and it was pretty cool looking. I bet it is alot easier to get to the river wave compared to the big waves way on the outside of the break at the beach. :lol:
Got any more pictures?

I do have something a bit stranger. Try calling the harbor tower and asking when the big ship is coming in for the weekend. Then paddle out in the SHIP CHANNEL :wah?!: and catch a PERFECT waist high wave that will break for 1000 yards or more. I got a picture. But shhh, only my dad, his friend and I know about that. :hi:

·
Registered
218 Posts
FrontMounted said:
Wow that's sweet. I bet it was a big change going from stationary to moving wave. I have alsoseen people do river 'surfing' on bodyboards and it was pretty cool looking. I bet it is alot easier to get to the river wave compared to the big waves way on the outside of the break at the beach. :lol:
Got any more pictures?

I do have something a bit stranger. Try calling the harbor tower and asking when the big ship is coming in for the weekend. Then paddle out in the SHIP CHANNEL :wah?!: and catch a PERFECT waist high wave that will break for 1000 yards or more. I got a picture. But shhh, only my dad, his friend and I know about that. :hi:
That's awesome! I've heard of guys surfing the bow wake of a barge going down the Mississippi river. I do have a lot more pictures, not as good as that one on my website www.the-burts.net It's a little slow due to being hosted on my home DSL connection but it's faster if you use Mozilla, or Firefox, but give it a few minutes to pull up if you use Internet Explorer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.