Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well this is still a work in progress, but seeing as there has been a bunch of forum groupies that absolutely love our "behind the scenes" posts, I figured I would put my 2 cents in as well.

Here are a few pics of the work we are doing for Kevin Warren this year. This will eventually be the same port profile I developed for him last year, but at this stage, this pictures only show some of the prep work.

We took a brand new casting and drove out the stock cast iron guides for better bronze/copper/manganese guides. These guides are custom made for us. This will help us run slightly tighter tolerances, last longer, provide a surface that has reduced friction, and most importantly helps pull heat out of the valve into the head. After installation these guides were precision honed to our clearances.

From there we focused on ensuring the seats were as good as they can be. Now because Kevin's setup will be using +3mm exhaust valves, we already knew we were replacing the seats on the exhaust side, so we decided to replace all of them with... something a bit more exotic. :eveilgrin What you are looking at is a newer seat material, with much, MUCH greater heat dissipation than stock seats (or any cast seat actually), but still can withstand the turbo and nitrous environment. I won't say what exactly it is, but it is NOT CuBe, but a more modern version of it. CuBe seats are known to cause cancer, and I just don't want to be around that if I can help it.

These seats require a perfect bore, with decent interference fit. We accomplish this feat with the Serdi 3.0 machine we have in house. This machine does all of our seat removal, installation, and valve jobs.

I will update as we go along, but here are the pics that we have for now!!

-Bob

Attachments

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's awesome bob looks better then I could have imagined!
Sure thing brother. I knew this would blow you away. :eveilgrin

This type of seat swap is rare to see, in fact I don't know that I have ever even heard of anyone using these seats in a SRT Head before. You could quite possibly be the first man! :thumbsup:

I'll update with more pics from the porting and remaining machining as I can.

This head is going to be killer!!!

·
Premium Member
2,313 Posts
just something else you do bob to set you apart from the rest!! ill be shipping out that other head this week also lets see your magic on that one also!

·
Premium Member, SRT of the Month
5,535 Posts
Looking good man.... cant wait to see the gains with this... hey kev do i know what the other head belongs on LOL

1 - 10 of 10 Posts