Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My uppipe was installed but was it complete? I had a lost of 10psi.

Ok....the tee you see here is connected from the top nipple of the type S and to the throttle and than to the stock bov. The orginal black senor that was connected to the throttle was caped off and the pink senor to the stock bov was capped off.

And no I didn't block off the stock bov yet...but I will!

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
uhmm, i dont have an aftermarket bov but if you still haven't blocked off the stock bypass and have removed the vacuum line to it, i would assume it's leaking from there thus the lost of boost?

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
you need to remove the stock bov and put in a BOP and then cap the pink line.
then T into a line from the TB.

After that do a leak test. I thought i didn't have any after my type s install but i was wrong :)

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Yeah, don't run a line from the Type S to the stock BOV, that's what it sounds like you did. Simply run a line from the TB to the Type S, install a BOP, and cap the pink line. Also, I noticed where you capped the red line on the UPP, you didn't use a zip tie. I know its not that big of a deal but you should put a zip tie around all caps to prevent them leaking or popping off.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
kool...but I figure I can still run a vacum to the stock BOV because I haven't gotten a gasket for it yet. Soon I'll block it off. but so far its correct?

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
You can't use both BOV's. Cap off the pink line going to the stock valve. You really should of done the bop.

I went to the local auto store and got gasket stuff. It's used on exhaust manifolds and other high temp places. It's a thick paper. Mr. gasket makes it.

cheap also. Trace the stock bov and cut it out. Make some holes and your set. I checked for leaks from it and i have none. So i know it works.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts