Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
New srt4 ( 2004) owner here - current coilovers are horrible - hardly drivabile, will knock your fillings out your teeth. Not looking to autocross or track, I would be happy with stock SRT enineerring, but... these are not avaiable as a package. I can get new Mopar original cartirdges in the rear ( yes I know where there are some) and KYB fronts - strut cartridges, I would still need to purchase springs, and of course these are mismatched :(.

Considering going with Tein S tech springs, 210 front, 196 rear, which should offer a decent ride.
Does anyone have any experience with these springs on srt4?

I ran Tein sprinfgs on my Subaru 15+ years ago, I had no complaints with their springs, looking for input for the SRT4 specifically.

I can pull this off for < 600, thoughts? Considered the Megan coilovers, but the spring rates are still pretty high ( 448 F / 336 R ).

Thanks in advance ... We are just getting started here, Im sure I will have many more questions

· Registered
816 Posts
I do not have any experience with the specific parts you are asking about. However, I'd like to note that BC coils (360 F / 240 R) are much less harsh than Megan. They are a bit more pricey though.

Edit: I love the adjustable dampeners and the adjustable camber.

· Registered
3,138 Posts
i have the amazon 9k and harsh is an understatement .. but they work well on the track..

i've heard racelands ride like stock..

· Registered
56 Posts
If you are looking to go with lowering springs the only ones I would recommend are the Mopar stage 1’s. They offer a more performance feel over stock, ride great, and really keep the car flat in corners. The rear ride height is still a little tall but they wont DESTROY a new set of expensive struts like any other spring will. I ran Eibach sport lines on a new set and I don’t drive much. Within 500 miles. TOAST. So for the price of a nice seat of coil overs I went through 2 sets of struts and springs. Live and learn I guess lol everyone’s wallets are built differently hahah.

· Registered
92 Posts
If you are looking to go with lowering springs the only ones I would recommend are the Mopar stage 1’s. They offer a more performance feel over stock, ride great, and really keep the car flat in corners. The rear ride height is still a little tall but they wont DESTROY a new set of expensive struts like any other spring will. I ran Eibach sport lines on a new set and I don’t drive much. Within 500 miles. TOAST. So for the price of a nice seat of coil overs I went through 2 sets of struts and springs. Live and learn I guess lol everyone’s wallets are built differently hahah.
I wanna get stage 1 mopar springs....but I'm worried about potentially blowing out the original struts that are on there, and I dont think you can get new front struts at all anymore....

· Registered
2004 SRT-4
309 Posts
I wanna get stage 1 mopar springs....but I'm worried about potentially blowing out the original struts that are on there, and I dont think you can get new front struts at all anymore....
Yeah I just picked up a set of the Mopar springs used a month or so ago, and I had bought a set of new struts from MPX about 1-2 months ago too (they randomly had some new sets in stock again, briefly).

Everything I've read says that the Mopar springs are meant for the stock struts, but I still worry too because these new struts are rare & unobtainium at this point and wouldn't want to blow them out early

1 - 7 of 7 Posts