Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installed my new Tein H techs today at work. Install was cake (when you have a lift, spring compressor and air tools LOL). Very happy with the Drop. The front is lower than I thought it would be and the rear hopefully will settle some more. The rear actually setteled another 1/4" on the drive home. I've riden in a few lowered SRT's with both Eibachs and Goldlines :eeeek: That's how my teeth felt afterwards. The Teins ride really nice :) not bouncy at all. The cars corners much flatter with very little body roll. I was able to bottom them out a couple time on one really bad strecth of road but hell the stock springs and struts bottom out there too. :rofl: . I have to say great product and Vivid was killer to deal with. They will for sure get some more of my money in the future. For all you old guys out there like me (32+) who don't want the 4x4 look anymore (BTW if your stock you look like a truck LOL) and want a nice mello drop without the bouncy or rough ride of other drop springs the Tein H techs are the way to go. From my understanding Tein is the first company to build SRT-4 specific springs :readclose Eibach, Goldline, Progress all use standard springs for 00+ Neons hence the crap ride from them :flame: .

If you want to go for all out handling get the Tein S techs. I can tell you from the spring rates the ride is gonna be FIRM. If you want the best of both worlds get these.

On to the pics.

Before

After

Before

After

Before

After

·
Registered
799 Posts
God damn those are high in the back...Should of got the S's

·
Registered
59 Posts
What did they run ya', and yeah, I'm an older guy too! 31... Still fun huntin for wrx's and honda's to smoke tho! Any idea what the S techs cost?

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ryan these are just Drop Springs. If it doesn't settle some more. I have a few old school tricks up my sleeve I may attempt :eveilgrin (and no I'm not going to hack half a coil off, theres more than one way to skin a cat) :deadcow:

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
If I remember correct they were around 190 something shipped. maybe just under. Do a run through of an order on Vivids site and they can give you exact shipping to your location.

Traction remember I just installed them and only went for a short ride, not even 5 miles on smooth roads. I'm not going to do anything till I run it for a hundred miles and see how much more they settle. Drop springs always settle in after a few days. I have to say I was suprised for how low the front went and the ride was still great. I have a family and take this car on road trips all the time so a little extra height in back ain't gonna hurt when I'm loaded with Kids and lugage. LOL

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
17x7"s ADR RS Limited Concept Pro's in a 42mm offset. They do not clear the front brakes without a 6mm spacer. I had a set custom machined with built in hubcentric rings to make them work perfect ;)

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Looks good. You have to clean up that parking lot, there's a lot of stray pepsi cans. :lol:

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm happy to report after a weekend of shall we say "Spirited Driving" :eveilgrin that the rear springs setteled another 1/2". It still has a nice rake to it and did not end up dead level like goldlines.. Should be fine with a car load of kids and luggage. :crybaby: I'll take another rear picture tonight. I really like the ride except over a fast square edged bump. But hey you have to give some to get some :thumbsup:

·
Registered
605 Posts
camber problem evident or no....

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
i think you may have installed them wrong...

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Not that I can tell by eye balling it. We were super carefull putting them in to make sure everything aligned like the stockers.

Neon Dan what makes you say that??

·
Supporting Vendor (Gold)
625 Posts
Nice pics and post. Thanks for the kind words. You were a pleasure to deal with. I have more of these in stock if any one is wanting to get them. Give me a call if you do.

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
Can you post pics after they've settled? From the pics they look like they didn't do shiat. I can't even tell a difference. I'm considering these or the S-Techs. I want the drop of the S-Techs, but am worried about the sideeffects of them being too low and the struts blowing out.

·
Registered
282 Posts
it really looks like you installed them backwards.

thats what he means i think. the rear isnt supposed to be that hihg, and the front not so low. .

thats how my Neon R/T looked after i installed my goldines backwards.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts