Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a few tech questions/concerns.

I had a quick glance at the srt motor, (what is the engine code again?), and I noticed that it's timing belt, correct?

Coil-on-plug, or distributor?

Returnless fuel system?

An answer to these questions will help a lot, as I'm making plans for my SRT as we speak. I've got a set of 15" 13 pound Bassett racing wheels, ET streets, 3" turbo back, and a wet NX 50 shot lined up, and need some quick info.

By the way, I don't even have the car yet, or I'd just pop the hood. Just trying to find a black one with my name on it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Apparently NOBODY knows anything about the cars they just paid ~20k for?

·
Registered
33 Posts
meddle said:
Mines yellow
... funny shit :lol:

You had a glance at the motor, and you couldn't tell if it was COP or Distributor ? lol

Yes it's a retunless fuel system.. the FPR is by the tank.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
drizze99 said:
timing belt, correct? YES

Coil-on-plug, or distributor? distributor

Returnless fuel system? YES, FPR in tank.
Good man, quick and to the point. Much obliged.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
AWD_ENVY said:
meddle said:
Mines yellow

You had a glance at the motor, and you couldn't tell if it was COP or Distributor ? lol
quote]

Actually, no. The only "glancing" I took was about a 10 second peek, and I didn't think to look for ignition specifications. I'm sorry I let you down.

·
Registered
32 Posts
NiceGuy said:
Just a few tech questions/concerns.

I had a quick glance at the srt motor, (what is the engine code again?), and I noticed that it's timing belt, correct?

Coil-on-plug, or distributor?

Returnless fuel system?

An answer to these questions will help a lot, as I'm making plans for my SRT as we speak. I've got a set of 15" 13 pound Bassett racing wheels, ET streets, 3" turbo back, and a wet NX 50 shot lined up, and need some quick info.

By the way, I don't even have the car yet, or I'd just pop the hood. Just trying to find a black one with my name on it.
has anyone heard how nitrous will work with the srt's engine?

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
ok guys someone said "how will nitrous works on this motor" go here and get some better answers www.phatridz.com ...if im not mistaken their bottle fed SRT is in the low 9s high 8s 8) :lol:

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
and Engine Code : A853

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Exhaust Depot said:
There is no distributor on the car. It has coilpacks right on top of the valve cover.
That's what I was afraid of. No playing with timing :(

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ok, so I'll compromise here....it's coil on plug, BUT it's got a fuel return system. So, I'm halfway happy.

Nitrous, and a 3" cat back will FOR SURE be my first modifications. And ET streets.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
About this Discussion
29 Replies
16 Participants
mrmixitup
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing