Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All,

There have been MANY requests for an image of our TechLogger. Well..... my photographic skills STILL haven't improved but here you go.

NOTE: This is the actual production TechLogger PCB with BLUE LED's However.... the lens shown is NOT the production version.

The Production lenses are on order and have been shown in previous posts we made.

This is an image of the TechLogger being commanded to LOG the 8th run. This shows that 7 runs are already stored in the internal memory.

Our TechLogger will store Ten [ 10 ] --- 40 second runs.

This is an image of the TechLogger being commanded to PLAY back the 10th run.

This is an image of what the TechLogger displays at the end of a recorded run. This is displaying that run # 1 memory is FULL.

OK -- short post, just wanted our customers to see some of the "features" and how they are displayed on our product.
We will try and post an actual VIDEO [ if I can figure that out :wah?!: ] next weekend.

Best Regards,

"Not Ready for Professional Photography" :eeeek:

Bob Weiland

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Foaming at mouth !

blubyu said:
Blu foams at mouth :druel:

Hehehe -- This is EXACTLY what I have been sharing with my business partner. "Foaming at Mouth" that is !:clap:

We are VERY excited about the TechLogger -- Wideband -- Heatsink -- Factory ECU output.

Glad to see that our customers are ALSO excited.

Makes the significant development time seem worthwhile :jester:

Thanks for your feedback -- MUCH appreciated :frogtongu

Bob Weiland

TechGauges

·
Registered
7,826 Posts
That is sweet. That is exactly what I am looking for. So I would be able to see a complete 40 sec run and watch the BTDC change during that run, instead of having to either watch the numbers while I am driving or tell it to do Max/Min and only see obviously the Max number or Min number ir recorded.

If I wasn't in before (which I was) I am now. :) It is a pain in the arse when you are trying to see what your max timing advance is when you are at WOT and pay attention to the road as well.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
scottw03 said:
That is sweet. That is exactly what I am looking for. So I would be able to see a complete 40 sec run and watch the BTDC change during that run, instead of having to either watch the numbers while I am driving or tell it to do Max/Min and only see obviously the Max number or Min number ir recorded.

If I wasn't in before (which I was) I am now. :) It is a pain in the arse when you are trying to see what your max timing advance is when you are at WOT and pay attention to the road as well.
Uh... Yeppers ! You can even run the playback at standard speed OR run in reverse to catch anything you may have missed. Single point forward/reverse is also available.

Ten runs of data recording/playback for those that tune at the track and desire to look at various runs for differences in their tune.

There are even MORE Features that we haven't yet disclosed . When we are near product introduction, we will make everyone aware of these additional features.

We want to make our customers VERY happy with the product and all of its features:readclose

Our product easily steps between the various modes with LARGE mode displays . This equates to our product NOT being an eye test to switch between the various operational modes.

Simple -- Intuitive -- Accurate :hi:

Best Regards,

Bob Weiland

TechGauges

·
Registered
12,124 Posts
Bob, what rate does it capture info at for each run?

And you know if you need help with pictures / video, you can just run on up to Phoenix. :cow:

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
TechLogger Pricing

eVil_2 said:
Hi,

The TechLogger will be priced @ $ 227.95 which includes the Gauge and Gaugelink module. This is for standard colors -- Orange -- Skittle Red and Skittle Green.

The BLUE LED's ( as pictured ) are available for an additional $ 20.00 .

Silver Lenses and Black lenses are also available.

ALL LED colors can be ordered with the Black lens.

But... the Silver lens will ONLY work with the BLUE LED's.

For those with an existing TechGauge KR -- IAT -- Timing [ BTDC ] gauge, the TechLogger will automatically recognize this gauge and will allow it to display its' parameters and free up the TechLogger to display an additional 2 parameters. :hi:

What this means is that 4 parameters could be displayed across the 2 gauges. If you don't have a TechGauge KR--IAT--Timing gauge, one can be purchased for $ 119.95.

KR -- Timing -- RPM -- O2 [ ecu Narrowband or OPTIONALLY TechGauge Wideband ] are sampled approximately 10 times per second when in LOG mode. IAT is sampled approximately once per second.

Hope this answered all your questions !

Best Regards,

Bob Weiland

TechGauges

E

·
0 Posts
MEBERTD said:
eVil_2 said:
Hi,

The TechLogger will be priced @ $ 227.95 which includes the Gauge and Gaugelink module. This is for standard colors -- Orange -- Skittle Red and Skittle Green.

The BLUE LED's ( as pictured ) are available for an additional $ 20.00 .

Silver Lenses and Black lenses are also available.

ALL LED colors can be ordered with the Black lens.

But... the Silver lens will ONLY work with the BLUE LED's.

For those with an existing TechGauge KR -- IAT -- Timing [ BTDC ] gauge, the TechLogger will automatically recognize this gauge and will allow it to display its' parameters and free up the TechLogger to display an additional 2 parameters. :hi:

What this means is that 4 parameters could be displayed across the 2 gauges. If you don't have a TechGauge KR--IAT--Timing gauge, one can be purchased for $ 119.95.

KR -- Timing -- RPM -- O2 [ ecu Narrowband or OPTIONALLY TechGauge Wideband ] are sampled approximately 10 times per second when in LOG mode. IAT is sampled approximately once per second.

Hope this answered all your questions !

Best Regards,

Bob Weiland

TechGauges
sweet.. thanks for the info

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
So basiclly, I buy the tech-logger, and it will display a replay on the IAT/timing/Knk guage I have, as well as display say RPM and something else on the actual logger guage.

About the wideband, is it only compatable with YOUR wideband, and not something like say my NGK AFX's 0-5V output ?

I like this, b/c the timing is a PITA to watch, since, any "max" reading you get for the timing, simply shows you what the timing goes to after you let off the gas, not really what the timing was BEFORE you let off the gas pedal. It will also give you a better idea of when Knk is happening and what gear/rpm it happened at.

My friend and I bought the blue LED IAT/KnK/Timing guages, and we both LOVE THEM. No way I could have ran 11.94 without it to help me tune.

·
Registered
12,124 Posts
MEBERTD said:

What this means is that 4 parameters could be displayed across the 2 gauges.
Bob, that's great news! If I can go through my timing, knock, a/f, and rpm all at once, I'm a happy happy man. :thumbsup: I really think this is going to help out a lot of people with being able to do some tuning on their own without having to rely on guesswork to get there.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
YES -- that is correct !

So basiclly, I buy the tech-logger, and it will display a replay on the IAT/timing/Knk guage I have, as well as display say RPM and something else on the actual logger guage.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
YES --- That is correct :rofl:

About the wideband, is it only compatable with YOUR wideband, and not something like say my NGK AFX's 0-5V output ?

YES -- That is correct.
----------------------------------------------------------------
We were concerned with offset voltages that are inevitable when using the 0-5 Volt output from other manufacturers' products. :eeeek:

Instead -- and for utmost accuracy -- we chose to digitize the output from the Innovate LC-1 directly at the LC-1 cable. :hi:

We then send the serial data stream directly into either our Wideband OR our Techlogger. This allows us to offer MORE than a couple inputs into our TechLogger, since the serial data stream is time multiplexed with other Plug N Play senders such as our True MAP sensor [ in development ]. We are also considering Temperature sensors for the oil Temp and Exhaust Gas Temp.

Our Digital serial stream will keep with our design philosophy that Digital measurement techniques at the source are BETTER (More Accurate and less susceptible to noise) than Analog measurements made over long cable runs -- this is especially true in an electrically "noisy" environment as exhibited in an automotive application.

This design philosophy is the trend in many sophisticated measurement instruments and therfore is the basis for our design.:readclose

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I like this, b/c the timing is a PITA to watch, since, any "max" reading you get for the timing, simply shows you what the timing goes to after you let off the gas, not really what the timing was BEFORE you let off the gas pedal. It will also give you a better idea of when Knk is happening and what gear/rpm it happened at.

My friend and I bought the blue LED IAT/KnK/Timing guages, and we both LOVE THEM. No way I could have ran 11.94 without it to help me tune.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Glad you like our products !

We hope that our TechLogger -- Wideband -- TrueMap --will be especially popular with our customers.

Being able to record and playback TEN runs at the track should go a long way in minimizing the tuning time necessary to dial in your car.

Best Regards,

Bob Weiland

TechGauges

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
That is correct !

Pit Viper said:
MEBERTD said:

What this means is that 4 parameters could be displayed across the 2 gauges.
Bob, that's great news! If I can go through my timing, knock, a/f, and rpm all at once, I'm a happy happy man. :thumbsup: I really think this is going to help out a lot of people with being able to do some tuning on their own without having to rely on guesswork to get there.
YES -- That is correct !

During playback you can switch The TechLogger between any of the Four recorded items [ Knock -- Timing -- A/F [ if you have our OPTIONAL Wideband connected ] IAT -- as they are being played back. RPM is always shown as your reference point.

The switching is done with ONE BUTTON depression as the data is being displayed.

No Menus to switch through -- which means SIMPLE -- INTUITIVE and FAST changes of the displayed data during Playback.

We designed the TechLogger as an Easy-to-use gauge with minimal button pushing required.

Also -- as Pit Viper points out, If you have the TechLogger AND our Knock -- IAT -- Timing gauge, you can see ALL four of the important tuning parameters Play back across the 2 TechGauge products at ONE TIME without ANY button pushing.

Now --- I know... I know...

Pit Viper wants Skittle Green :rofl:

I'll see if I can get the Video up this weekend which shows the details of how the TechLogger works. Hmm.... I thought all I had to do was design this stuff NOT make Videos !:eeeek:

Best Regards,

Bob Weiland

TechGauges

·
Registered
12,124 Posts
I'm looking for the Tru-MAP now, too. :)
I've installed my dtec, and pulling fuel changes what the ECU sees for boost. Fortunately, I still have my manual boost gauge in.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Any Clues ?

Stage2BlackSRT4 said:
Subscribed

Looking forward to what this gauge will be able to do...

Any-clues? Will it log RPM, and take an input from a WB?
Our TechLogger product will Log:

RPM
O2 [ Either Narrowband OR Optional Wideband ]
Timing
Knock Retard
IAT

ALL 5 of these parameters are stored for EACH run. Ten [ 10 ] -- 40 second runs are recorded and can be Played back on a run-by-run basis.

During Playback, you can easily switch the TOP display between the 4 different Parameters with RPM always displayed as a reference on the BOTTOM display.

Parameter selection requires very few button depressions and NO scrolling through lengthy menus.

Forward and reverse Playback are easily switched -- again without requiring Menus to change between the Forward/Reverse directions. Single step operation is also available in either direction.

The Wideband Option is an Innovate LC-1 Cable with custom TechGauge electronics. These electronics are designed for simple Plug-N-Play connection.

We digitize the Output signal of the Innovate LC-1 directly at the output from the cable for BEST accuracy. On-Board precision reference electronics are used to provide ultimate accuracy in the displayed AFR.No long wires with Analog signals -- as these are prone to voltage offsets which can effect measurment accuracy.

LARGE -- Easy-To-Read displays with Simple Intuitive controls .

Wideband O2 Option has a dynamic range of 7.4:1 to 22.4:1 AFR..

Uh.... that is a Clue of some of the TechLogger features. :hi:

We have several additional features that will be made public when the product is available for shipping.

Product will be available with Orange OR BLUE LED's and Silver or Black lenses.

Hope this provides a Clue of some of the TechLogger features. :hi:

Best Regards,

Bob Weiland

TechGauges

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
MEBERTD said:
Stage2BlackSRT4 said:
Subscribed

Looking forward to what this gauge will be able to do...

Any-clues? Will it log RPM, and take an input from a WB?
Our TechLogger product will Log:

RPM
O2 [ Either Narrowband OR Optional Wideband ]
Timing
Knock Retard
IAT

ALL 5 of these parameters are stored for EACH run. Ten [ 10 ] -- 40 second runs are recorded and can be Played back on a run-by-run basis.

During Playback, you can easily switch the TOP display between the 4 different Parameters with RPM always displayed as a reference on the BOTTOM display.

Parameter selection requires very few button depressions and NO scrolling through lengthy menus.

Forward and reverse Playback are easily switched -- again without requiring Menus to change between the Forward/Reverse directions. Single step operation is also available in either direction.

The Wideband Option is an Innovate LC-1 Cable with custom TechGauge electronics. These electronics are designed for simple Plug-N-Play connection.

We digitize the Output signal of the Innovate LC-1 directly at the output from the cable for BEST accuracy. On-Board precision reference electronics are used to provide ultimate accuracy in the displayed AFR.No long wires with Analog signals -- as these are prone to voltage offsets which can effect measurment accuracy.

LARGE -- Easy-To-Read displays with Simple Intuitive controls .

Wideband O2 Option has a dynamic range of 7.4:1 to 22.4:1 AFR..

Uh.... that is a Clue of some of the TechLogger features. :hi:

We have several additional features that will be made public when the product is available for shipping.

Product will be available with Orange OR BLUE LED's and Silver or Black lenses.

Hope this provides a Clue of some of the TechLogger features. :hi:

Best Regards,

Bob Weiland

TechGauges
Wow Very impressive sounding, I already have a AEM WB will it accept the 5v output that this gauge comes with (yes I realize it is not as accurate as the Innovate LC-1 )

1 - 20 of 35 Posts