Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The only change i've made to my car is i installed an AEM EMS and now my tech gauge (KR/IAT/Timing) will not work. I've unplugged it, wiggled it, and all i get is the KR to light up and sometimes other parts of it light up.....what could of went wrong??

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
RoostBoost said:
The only change i've made to my car is i installed an AEM EMS and now my tech gauge (KR/IAT/Timing) will not work. I've unplugged it, wiggled it, and all i get is the KR to light up and sometimes other parts of it light up.....what could of went wrong??
aem doesnt keep obd-II functionality :thumbsup:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Sorry about the problem. The cable could be damaged or the link ( the part you plug-in under the dash) has stopped working. Make sure the thin cable has not been severed. If it has been damaged we will send you a new one. If the cable is OK, put everything in a box and ship it back by way of the US postal service Priority Mail. TechGauges will repair or replace your gauge and refund your shipping. The shipping address is on the web page.

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the quick reply...i don't think the cable has been damaged, but i will double check.

if nothing apparent is wrong i will send it all back, thanks!

·
Registered
197 Posts
AEM EMS is NOT OBDII compliant !

Mike,

We received your TechGauge [ Nice BLUE LED's :rofl: ] today and plugged it into our '04 SRT.

It worked perfectly !

Apparently the AEM EMS is NOT OBDII compliant !:wah?!:

This was mentioned in a previous reply from one of our customers but... now it is confirmed.

We will update our on-line store to mention this compatibility issue.

Please note that based on these findings -- it would appear that ALL OBDII gauge products would have this same issue.

We thank you for making us aware of this issue with the AEM EMS system. :hi:

As our way of thanking you -- we would be willing to offer you a substantial discount on our soon-to-be-released TechGauge Wideband unit.

Let us know if this offer interests you via a PM.

Best Regards,

Bob Weiland

"NOT AEM EMS compatible"

TechGauges

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bob, you have a pm.....

Shortly after i talked to you i fixed my problem w/my gauge cluster not working.....it turned out to be a loose pci bus pin which wasn't making contact w/my pcm....took 5 sec. to fix!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts