Votes: 5 2.4%
  • Boris "I want to blow up the UK" Johnson

Votes: 2 1.0%

• Total voters
180921 - 180940 of 231418 Posts

·
Registered
9,503 Posts
"Even once Google has managed to shoehorn the required API support into Android, Instagram will no doubt be acutely aware that it will take some considerable time before those updates APIs make their way onto the phones that people have in their pockets. The fabled Android fragmentation problem will no doubt ensure that the target audience for an Android flavor of Hyperlapse is worryingly low, though such a problem will ease over time and as people either finally receive carrier approved updates or simply buy new hardware."

2014 and Android's out of control ecosystem and its fragmentation still causing consumers to suffer. :rofl:
There are like 18,000 unique android devices currently on the market :rofl::rofl:

Options!

·
Corgi-ish
6,148 Posts

·
Registered
9,503 Posts
maybe not the first, but once you're locked into that ecosystem, that's kind of it unless you're ok with throwing out the money you've invested. in an open platform, i have 5 or 6 manufacturers trying to figure out what i want, so if i want front facing speakers i can pick that. if i want a stylus i can pick that. if i dont like one specific company, i can avoid that. and my investments come with me.

how many times have we heard iOS users at the beginning of their contracts talking about how android phones are too big, and then just before the next iPhone reveal it changes to "i hope it has a bigger screen"?

I agree the screen was way too small for too long. Luckily whover is making the design choices now has larger hands. :)

·
Premium Member
47,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #180,929
says a guy who uses an operating system with 0 choice in hardware, size, features, etc.

yeah, im sure your personal tastes just HAPPEN to line up with steve's perfectly. just like all other iPhone users
Yeah it's so nice to have an OS and a phone that fucking works when I expect it to. :thumbsup:

·
Corgi-ish
6,148 Posts
Phones were getting smaller and smaller and smaller until the iPhone.
Finally.. someone who actually remembers. The average screen size on a touch phone was 2.6 to 2.8"

Apple first pushed the bar with screen size in 2007. Even then Competitor phones like the LG Vu and Samsung Instinct only offered 3.0-3.2in screens in 2008. :)

·
Premium Member
47,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #180,931
Nobody forced the millions of people that bought them to spend their money. I didn't buy one because it wasn't what I wanted. Obviously for 8% of the market, 3.5" was fine. :lol:
8% of the market..... but 41% of smart phone using Americans.

·
Corgi-ish
6,148 Posts

·
Corgi-ish
6,148 Posts
dgar Allan Bro Dylan Cyr • 2 days ago

The whole 'android phones outnumber iphones' thing is a pretty silly argument, given that 80% of their userbase is broke ass third world peasants running 2.2
7 • Reply•Share ›

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: He's talking to Pizza

180921 - 180940 of 231418 Posts