Votes: 5 2.4%
  • Boris "I want to blow up the UK" Johnson

Votes: 2 0.9%

• Total voters
232981 - 233000 of 233052 Posts

·
Super Moderator
34,441 Posts
Impreza styling has really gone downhill since the mid 2000s. I loved the bug eye generation and the next one but it's been downhill since then. And the price just keeps going up

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,890 Posts
Happy Friday!
Damn, seems like I just gave my 2 week notice but it was a week ago.

·
Administrator
39,149 Posts
Finally replaced the caliper on the srt that I bought in may, 2019. Battery was "dead" and after just an hour on a 6a charger it was back to normal and started right up. Interior is nasty and needs a complete cleaning, green fuzz on everything, then I can bleed the brake and get the car back on the ground. It needs a complete detail so I may call a guy to restore the paint.

Tried to get the Miata going but the battery connector on the positive post didn't tighten enough to stay on. My dad grabbed some spare wire and stripped it and got it right enough. Starter doesn't even click so it's shot, but we were able to bump start it and I wiped down the interior. Once the hurricane passes I'll take it to a shop and have the starter replaced and inspected, then I can clean the car up, recharge the ac, and enjoy it.

All of this is prepping for the hurricane in case there's flooding. I can almost push start the Miata myself, but I'll have to be fully aware of how and where I park it.

·
Super Moderator
34,441 Posts
I may be doing calipers on the neon soon too, had one start to drag the other day on a drive. Luckily I was close to home. Waiting for a less humid day to pull the pads off, lube the pins and exercise it a bit to see if that gets it going again without having to rebuild or replace

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
In the process of trading the 2011 Prius 4 for a 2020 Ford Escape Titanium AWD 240 HP 280TQ.
The 0% interest rate for 72 months was hard to pass up and I'm getting $7K for the Prius which isn't bad.
I know it's the first year for the all-new Escape with the 2.0 4-cylinder turbo, but 2003 was the first year for my SRT-4.
The tow rating is 3500 lbs which should pull a 16' aluminium fishing boat I have planned.
And the fuel economy is decent.
Yeah it's a Ford but I've owned 3 Mustangs over the years (64-1/2 fastback, 84 GT-350 new and 91 5.0 new).
Besides, I had to do something with all the cash I've been accumulating from not going on holiday trips.
Planning to do alot more car camping in California, Idaho, Wyoming, Montana and maybe Oregon.

Thinking of also selling my 2003 SRT-4 also.
She is running perfect with the original motor/trans and the Stage 3 with Toys upgrade still rippin'.
She only has about 125K miles, no leaks, new Michelin Pilot Sports, Mopar Stage 3 Coilovers, full suspension (recent).
I'm thinking about $8K but only to a grown up, I don't want to sell it to someone who may kill themselves it it as so many have.

·
Administrator
39,149 Posts
The escape isn't bad, but it follows a trend ford is doing with some seats designed for 100lb small women. Skinny and not long enough seat bottoms that don't offer enough thigh support. The previous explorer was similar even though the door was a mile from you and felt like that was designed for much bigger people.

·
Administrator
39,149 Posts
flooding is expected to be 2-4 ft above ground. Gotta move cars when I get home, and have the Miata facing downhill so I can bump start it. Probably going to take a nap and do what I can to stay up all night. Worst wind/flooding should be right at sunrise.

·
Super Moderator
28,336 Posts
flooding is expected to be 2-4 ft above ground. Gotta move cars when I get home, and have the Miata facing downhill so I can bump start it. Probably going to take a nap and do what I can to stay up all night. Worst wind/flooding should be right at sunrise.
I hope you and your property will be safe.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
39,149 Posts
Bled the brakes on the srt, cleaned the seats, dash, steering wheel, and anything else that was fuzzy green, and got it back on the ground and moved to higher ground. Green truck had to be jump started and the Miata (not pictured) was push started and is up the hill facing downhill. The Ferd is fine, luckily.

Garage is picked up as best we could, tool boxes and table saw are safe for 2+ ft, bike is upstairs.

Attachments

·
Administrator
39,149 Posts
still expecting 45 sustained and 60+ gusts, 2-3" of rain, and the wind will of course be SSW, the worst direction for soundside flooding. Everyone has moved their cars and parked in yards and on side roads. We don't take anything for granted anymore.

·
Premium Member
4,264 Posts
Yeah it's a Ford but I've owned 3 Mustangs over the years (64-1/2 fastback, 84 GT-350 new and 91 5.0 new).
Ha! my first car was an 1984 GT-350 convertible. I should have never sold it! It was given to me in 2004 and it only had like 40k miles. I was a kid (18 yo) and didnt appreciate what i had. I hated the red interior and wanted a manual trans car.

Reactions: friend088
232981 - 233000 of 233052 Posts