Votes: 5 2.4%
  • Boris "I want to blow up the UK" Johnson

Votes: 2 0.9%

• Total voters
232961 - 232980 of 233048 Posts

·
Super Moderator
34,440 Posts
Funny, I got my mini for free because my daughter had an extra one.
Be wary, Google and Amazon carpet bombing the planet with free digital assistants could be the beginning of Skynet

Sent from my SM-T860 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,890 Posts
Good morning!
Starting a new job with a different company in 2 weeks. :D

·
Premium Member
4,260 Posts
I had a bit of a funny exchange with a cop on Saturday. I took the SRT up to Chick-fil-a to get some breakfast for the family. On the way back home, slowing to a stop sign the bag fell over and a chicken biscuit rolled out and rolled to the floor. No one was behind me, so i unbuckled and reached down to pick it up. I buckled up and prepare to pull off when a cop pulls up beside me and tells me to pull over to the side. No idea i'm being pulled over, I, of course, comply. Once to my window he informs me he pulled me over for a seat belt violation. "I saw you buckle up when you saw me." I started laughing and explained about the biscuit (which was still sitting out of the bag on the seat). He asked to run my license anyways (standard procedure). When he came back he said, "I know how important those biscuits are. (laughed) Try to keep them from rolling to the floor in the future." He then let me go.

·
Super Moderator
34,440 Posts
Good morning!
Starting a new job with a different company in 2 weeks. :D
Congrats! You were with the last place for quite a while, right?
I had a bit of a funny exchange with a cop on Saturday. I took the SRT up to Chick-fil-a to get some breakfast for the family. On the way back home, slowing to a stop sign the bag fell over and a chicken biscuit rolled out and rolled to the floor. No one was behind me, so i unbuckled and reached down to pick it up. I buckled up and prepare to pull off when a cop pulls up beside me and tells me to pull over to the side. No idea i'm being pulled over, I, of course, comply. Once to my window he informs me he pulled me over for a seat belt violation. "I saw you buckle up when you saw me." I started laughing and explained about the biscuit (which was still sitting out of the bag on the seat). He asked to run my license anyways (standard procedure). When he came back he said, "I know how important those biscuits are. (laughed) Try to keep them from rolling to the floor in the future." He then let me go.
Lol!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
28,335 Posts
Wow that's crazy. Glad he was cool with you. Haven't had chik fil a in forever. We are supposed to have a new one built around 5 miles south of my house.
When we used to work in the office my co-workers would give me their leftover chik fil a condiments. They are tasty!

Meanwhile, I just bought a Google Nest indoor camera to monitor my new dog. It was super easy to set up and it works great so far in the Nest app. I could have bought a cheaper, non Google camera, but that brand loyalty!

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,260 Posts
Wow that's crazy. Glad he was cool with you. Haven't had chik fil a in forever. We are supposed to have a new one built around 5 miles south of my house.
When we used to work in the office my co-workers would give me their leftover chili fil a condiments. They are tasty!

Meanwhile, I just bought a Google Nest indoor camera to monitor my new dog. It was super easy to set up and it works great so far in the Nest app. I could have bought a cheaper, non Google camera, but that brand loyalty!

CFA is sort of our guilty pleasure. We eat there at least once a week. They just opened a new one only a couple miles from our house. Its very convenient!

Reactions: friend088

·
Super Moderator
28,335 Posts
CFA is sort of our guilty pleasure. We eat there at least once a week. They just opened a new one only a couple miles from our house. Its very convenient!
Couple of miles is definitely convenient. Closest fast food places around 2 miles from me are Dunkin Donuts and Zaxby's. Both are solid. My favorites are a little farther away, Taco Bell and Arby's!

·
Premium Member
4,260 Posts
Couple of miles is definitely convenient. Closes fast food places around 2 miles from me are Dunkin Donuts and Zaxby's. Both are solid. My favorites are a little farther away, Taco Bell and Arby's!

We live so close to I-75 we can see some of the billboards from our back yard... and we live right between 2 busy exits. So there are a lot of options within probably 5 miles of my house.

Reactions: friend088

·
Premium Member
4,260 Posts
Did I ever tell you I bought my 2nd NSRT4 from Warner Robins many years ago?
I drove up with a friend after wrecking my first red SRT4 to buy it.

yep. Still neat how small the world is. I worked on that car a little before you bought it.

·
Registered
6,890 Posts
Congrats! You were with the last place for quite a while, right?Lol!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Grats on new job! What city and what's the name of the company?
Sorry I missed your post.

Thanks!
I've been with my current employer over 11 years. My new one is a consulting company in this area that I worked for from 2002 to 2007. I'll continue to use the LANSA programming language but also .NET and probably RPG. I've been brushing up on C# via a Udemy online course.

·
Super Moderator
28,335 Posts
Thanks!
I've been with my current employer over 11 years. My new one is a consulting company in this area that I worked for from 2002 to 2007. I'll continue to use the LANSA programming language but also .NET and probably RPG. I've been brushing up on C# via a Udemy online course.
That's good that you are already very familiar with the company due to your prior employment! 11 years is a long time at any job, but when it's time for a change with probably better benefits and pay, I can understand that.

Meanwhile, I am still looking for a Google Fi compatible phone with string battery life with wireless charging. I am still looking at deals on new in box S10e, but I just came across this and it seems like a great deal with the free tablet! My Huawei tablet still works great but this tablet would bean upgrade.

What do you all think of this deal?
Screenshot_20200728-222709.jpg

·
Registered
14,796 Posts
...11 years is a long time at any job...

And here I am half way through my 20th year doing the same job at the same company. Though I haven't been stuck on a single project the whole time.

·
Registered
7,503 Posts
22 years here. I have a pension though...brass handcuffs (gold color, but not really gold). I've gotten to do some really cool stuff, so I cannot complain.

·
Registered
6,890 Posts
Good morning!
My next door neighbor just bought this...

232961 - 232980 of 233048 Posts