Votes: 5 2.4%
  • Boris "I want to blow up the UK" Johnson

Votes: 2 0.9%

• Total voters
232881 - 232900 of 232904 Posts

·
Administrator
39,113 Posts
Well, we are fucked. Restaurants closing their doors because someone sick came in and infected the staff and now they don't have enough healthy peolle to open until everyone is cleared. Likely 2 to 3 weeks. Others cutting back to dinners only and closing for a day or two, staff overworked and stressed out, tired of being yelled at. Some are just closing their doors permanently. Cases doubled in the past week, almost a 5x increase this month, and a ton more restaurants lined up to have the entire staff tested tomorrow and Tuesday.

Stay safe, wear a mask, wash your hands, hopefully we'll all get through this.

·
Super Moderator
34,420 Posts
Well, we are fucked. Restaurants closing their doors because someone sick came in and infected the staff and now they don't have enough healthy peolle to open until everyone is cleared. Likely 2 to 3 weeks. Others cutting back to dinners only and closing for a day or two, staff overworked and stressed out, tired of being yelled at. Some are just closing their doors permanently. Cases doubled in the past week, almost a 5x increase this month, and a ton more restaurants lined up to have the entire staff tested tomorrow and Tuesday.

Stay safe, wear a mask, wash your hands, hopefully we'll all get through this.
In PA , any business where any employee tests positive has to close for at least 2 weeks, do a thorough cleaning, and retest all employees before reopening

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,060 Posts
I use it liberally on my spark plug wire boots.
I really smother it on there.
Never had any conductivity problems.
Never any "spark blow-out" even with RE14MCC5 Champs gapped at .055 and boosting to 24PSI.

But for light gauge connections, if I had any doubt, I'd replace the connector with a new one.
Wouldn't want to get stuck one dark and rainy night with no lights.

·
Super Moderator
34,420 Posts
I use it liberally on my spark plug wire boots.
I really smother it on there.
Never had any conductivity problems.
Never any "spark blow-out" even with RE14MCC5 Champs gapped at .055 and boosting to 24PSI.

But for light gauge connections, if I had any doubt, I'd replace the connector with a new one.
Wouldn't want to get stuck one dark and rainy night with no lights.
Definitely. New connector is about $5 at advance

·
Premium Member
4,153 Posts
dielectric grease does not conduct electricity, BUT it shouldnt be used on the mating surfaces of an electrical connection (metal contacts.)

·
Super Moderator
34,420 Posts
dielectric grease does not conduct electricity, BUT it shouldnt be used on the mating surfaces of an electrical connection (metal contacts.)

Yeah I thought not. And from there, not covering a contact meant to conduct with it is common sense

·
Super Moderator
28,293 Posts

Sent from my SM-T860 using Tapatalk
Love it!

Meanwhile, I just submitted an application to Ewenity Farm herding dog haven.
Looking to adopt a lab mix, border collie or ACD. This August will be 2 years since Firestone was euthanized. It took a long time for my heart to heal. I am ready to be a dog father again.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
28,293 Posts
Smoger, what breed or mix is your dog again?
I need to try out the free Panera coffee on weekends, since our location bus around 5.5 miles south of my house. I use a Keurig at home but I really love iced coffee. Or is it ice coffee?

·
Super Moderator
34,420 Posts
Smoger, what breed or mix is your dog again?
I need to try out the free Panera coffee on weekends, since our location bus around 5.5 miles south of my house. I use a Keurig at home but I really love iced coffee. Or is it ice coffee?

He's a lab mix, but we don't know what breed the father was. My wife is convinced he's a border collie mix (Borador) because of his short ears, energy, and herding tendencies.

If you're going to try the free Panera coffee (it's good!) Make sure you download their app.. You have to sign up for the coffee subscription before Friday I think, or it goes back to $9/month

232881 - 232900 of 232904 Posts