Votes: 5 2.4%
  • Boris "I want to blow up the UK" Johnson

Votes: 2 0.9%

• Total voters
232681 - 232700 of 232726 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,052 Posts
I have a gfci that keeps tripping in our house. It’s the circuit for the bathrooms. I suspect my daughter (5yo) May be accidentally getting water into the outlet when washing her hands. The outlet is right next to the sink. (Genius design)

·
Registered
4,026 Posts
Thanks Sto, I appreciate the help.
I did more research and read the horror power surge stories.
As usual, the most important part of all of this is the data (I had that drummed into me at Cullinet (IDMS) and Teradata).
We will have no regrets ditching the $300 HP all-in-one which was slower than snot on a cold door handle from day 1.
The disk drive is, from what I can tell, a decent unit which itself retails for about $100.
So I decided to try and salvage the data by connecting the HDD to the USB on my other computer
(also an all-in-one but from Gateway and has always worked well quite well especially since recently upgrading it to Windows 10).

I've ordered the following adapter cable from Amazon and it should arrive here by Monday (but probably later is my guess):
UGREEN SATA to USB 3.0 Adapter Cable for 3.5/2.5 Inch SSD HDD SATA III Hard Drive Disk Converter Support UASP Compatible with Samsung Seagate WD SanDisk Hitachi Toshiba, with 12V Power Adapter

Meanwhile I have got the wife back up and running on my other computer and she is able to continue with her work at the college (still won't retire!).

If the UGREEN thing doesn't pan out, we have a really good, but old, Gateway Multimedia computer in storage which I will try to resurrect.
We paid alot of money for that computer back in the day and the internal hardware layout is pristine.
Not sure if the HDD from the all-in-one will plug into the ribbon cable on the Gateway Multimedia without blowing it up.
It's a very old unit (circa 1995) but disk technology seems more or less the same now as it was then albeit solid state vs the old spinning iron oxide.

IT WORKED!
I'm amazed.
Ann's computer comes up when I boot from the USB HDD and my computer comes up when I unplug the UDB HDD.
I am delighted.

·
Super Moderator
28,253 Posts
I have a gfci that keeps tripping in our house. It’s the circuit for the bathrooms. I suspect my daughter (5yo) May be accidentally getting water into the outlet when washing her hands. The outlet is right next to the sink. (Genius design)
What solution have you thought about?

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
34,378 Posts
Workers need to be careful. They really can mess up someone's house by their negligence / carelessness.

Meanwhile, fence guys are installing white PVC fence now.

Courtesy Dodge is working on my car.
Engine light issue:

Could have been worse!

Lmao @ $50 windshield wipers

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,827 Posts
Workers need to be careful. They really can mess up someone's house by their negligence / carelessness.

Meanwhile, fence guys are installing white PVC fence now.

Courtesy Dodge is working on my car.
Engine light issue:

One fuel injector is $351.10 ?! Dayum!

·
Premium Member
4,052 Posts
What solution have you thought about?

I put some of those baby safety plugs in the outlets. That didnt work. They i moved the towel rack to the other side of the sink so there is no need in wet hands going any where near the outlet. So far, so good. time will tell.

·
Super Moderator
34,378 Posts
in case any of you play games on PC, Civilization 6 is FREE on the Epic Games Store right now. Considering how much of my time Civ4 ate up years ago, I'm almost scared to boot it up 😂 great games

·
Registered
6,827 Posts
Had a great weekend. The weather was good all 3 days so I took the kayak out all 3 days. 😁 How was yours?
Here are a couple critters that I filmed...

·
Super Moderator
34,378 Posts
looks cool bzzt!!

my weekend sucked and i'm glad it's over. just lots of little annoyances converging to fuck up my day(s).

·
Premium Member
4,052 Posts
My wifes dog hurt his leg over the weekend (pretty sure its a strain or sprain). She wanted to take him to the vet to have it looked at yesterday. I took off work to stay with the kids so she could do that. She got up early to take him to be there when they opened only to find out after she got there that they were closed for renovations...

I used the extra time to work on my retrofitted headlights more. I've learned a lot through this process. I'm still not done. I realized pretty quickly (i should have already known) i need a dremel.... i'll be picking one up this afternoon after work.

·
Super Moderator
28,253 Posts
Had a great weekend. The weather was good all 3 days so I took the kayak out all 3 days. How was yours?
Here are a couple critters that I filmed...
The videos were awesome! Don't think I have seen a frog that big before! I was supposed to go canoeing recently but that was when I had to get my 200 repaired at the dealership so I ended up not going. Hopefully I can go next time.
looks cool bzzt!!

my weekend sucked and i'm glad it's over. just lots of little annoyances converging to fuck up my day(s).
Hopefully this week and weekend will be better for you! I have played Pillars of Eternity for over 120 hours now! The story is really cool and you always want to do more.
My wifes dog hurt his leg over the weekend (pretty sure its a strain or sprain). She wanted to take him to the vet to have it looked at yesterday. I took off work to stay with the kids so she could do that. She got up early to take him to be there when they opened only to find out after she got there that they were closed for renovations...

I used the extra time to work on my retrofitted headlights more. I've learned a lot through this process. I'm still not done. I realized pretty quickly (i should have already known) i need a dremel.... i'll be picking one up this afternoon after work.
Hope your wife's dog feels better soon. When my border collie was alive he had some type of sprain and limped for a day or two after chasing frisbees.

·
Premium Member
4,052 Posts
Hey Shelby, I saw you joined Strava.
It's a great app! I have to replace front flat tire on my bike and get my injured right calf healed up so I can ride again.

yeah a co-worker recommended it. I told myself i was going to try to get below 200 lbs with my diet changes and then i would start exercising from there. I have now officially weighed in for 2 weeks at < 200. which is almost 60lbs down for me. I think i'm going to start off with bike rides (something fun and effective) and then once the base gym opens back up to contractors i may start going a couple times a week. (at least i believe the gym is still closed to contractors, i need to look into it)

·
Super Moderator
28,253 Posts
yeah a co-worker recommended it. I told myself i was going to try to get below 200 lbs with my diet changes and then i would start exercising from there. I have now officially weighed in for 2 weeks at < 200. which is almost 60lbs down for me. I think i'm going to start off with bike rides (something fun and effective) and then once the base gym opens back up to contractors i may start going a couple times a week. (at least i believe the gym is still closed to contractors, i need to look into it)
Grats on your weight loss!

·
Premium Member
4,052 Posts
Grats on your weight loss!

Thanks pal. Its almost unbelievable to me that I've lost so much. I feel better, and i know i look better. I'm running into the issue now of clothes no longer fitting (which sucks, but it isn't a bad thing.) I need to step down a size (or two) on my jeans and shorts, and XL shirts now feel too big and flowy (if that makes sense.) Wearing a belt has become a daily necessity so my clothes don't fall off haha.

232681 - 232700 of 232726 Posts