• Boris "I want to blow up the UK" Johnson

Votes: 2 0.9%

• Total voters
232641 - 232660 of 232726 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,052 Posts
Meanwhile, I feel bad for Dr. Fauci.
I bet there are some people who really don't like his scientific talk.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
i'm not sure specifically which talk you're referring to, but i can tell you no matter what type of science you have someone talking about, and no matter how much proof and evidence you can have to support that science, you will always have some people who disagree and not like it.... (often times it becomes religion vs science, and its sad...)

·
Premium Member
4,052 Posts
First major piece of the puzzle for doing these retrofit headlights showed up yesterday. These are the hid ballasts. The seem so much nicer than the ones we played with 8+ years ago...

·
Super Moderator
28,253 Posts
i'm not sure specifically which talk you're referring to, but i can tell you no matter what type of science you have someone talking about, and no matter how much proof and evidence you can have to support that science, you will always have some people who disagree and not like it.... (often times it becomes religion vs science, and its sad...)
Very true! Scientists definitely don't always agree with each other.

Meanwhile, how are things opening up in each of your respective states?

TV dude is coming over tomorrow to mount all of our TVs and surround sound speakers. Can't wait!

·
Super Moderator
28,253 Posts
View attachment 145597 First major piece of the puzzle for doing these retrofit headlights showed up yesterday. These are the hid ballasts. The seem so much nicer than the ones we played with 8+ years ago...
Post photos when done installing.

·
Super Moderator
34,378 Posts
View attachment 145597 First major piece of the puzzle for doing these retrofit headlights showed up yesterday. These are the hid ballasts. The seem so much nicer than the ones we played with 8+ years ago...
Nice, I have hids in the neon from back in the day, not retro fitted, and yes they've come a long way.

Actually thinking of getting rid of them this year. The guy I've been going to for inspections since I moved here mentioned my not having high beams but didn't fail me for it last year. Not sure if it was a subtle warning or not but it'd probably be good for me to have high beams in my new area anyway. Not everything here is lit up like the city is

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,052 Posts
Very true! Scientists definitely don't always agree with each other.

Meanwhile, how are things opening up in each of your respective states?

TV dude is coming over tomorrow to mount all of our TVs and surround sound speakers. Can't wait!

Traffic has increased drastically as more people are out moving around. Some restaurants are back open (even for dine in) with some restrictions on # of patrons and distance between tables.

·
Premium Member
4,052 Posts
Post photos when done installing.
Oh i'm going to try to remember to take lots of pictures along the way. This is my first time attempting a retrofit, so we'll see how it goes.

Nice, I have hids in the neon from back in the day, not retro fitted, and yes they've come a long way.

Actually thinking of getting rid of them this year. The guy I've been going to for inspections since I moved here mentioned my not having high beams but didn't fail me for it last year. Not sure if it was a subtle warning or not but it'd probably be good for me to have high beams in my new area anyway. Not everything here is lit up like the city is
It would be very easy and cheap to pull the HIDS and slap a parts store brand bulb in there just for inspection time.

·
Administrator
39,098 Posts
opening up to visitors on Saturday, cancelling all 4th of July activities (two towns haven't decided, all others have), curbside recycling program shut down (this was coming for a while, WM quit actually recycling and was burning it all last year, town had an easy out in their contract), one town allowing parking lots to become outdoor dining rooms via "food trucks" (this'll be great in the summer heat, and no mentions of how to handle people needing to go to the bathroom or wash their hands), deciding to do individual graduation walks and then a montage video posted a few weeks later is now being rethought as parents who DID NOT fill out the survey got all uppity and filled up social media and email with complaints to allow big normal graduations to occur with a couple thousand people crammed in standing room only at each of the 3 schools. We just had a 30% increase in cases and had to shut down a pharmacy so fuck it, lets get sweaty people breathing all over each other in the bleachers for over 2 hrs with several hundred of them being grand and great grandparents.

·
Super Moderator
34,378 Posts
Oh i'm going to try to remember to take lots of pictures along the way. This is my first time attempting a retrofit, so we'll see how it goes.

It would be very easy and cheap to pull the HIDS and slap a parts store brand bulb in there just for inspection time.
Oh yeah definitely, but I'm legitimately leaning towards prioritizing high beams again.

·
Super Moderator
28,253 Posts

·
Registered
4,026 Posts
So how is the new TV working out for you, Smog?
Does it have the same silly "banana" remote like mine?

Can anyone here recommend a decent "universal" remote for a Samsung SMART TV?
My right-arrow on the remote doesn't work anymore and the pointer can be tricky, especially with YouTube.
Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
34,378 Posts
So how is the new TV working out for you, Smog?
Does it have the same silly "banana" remote like mine?

Can anyone here recommend a decent "universal" remote for a Samsung SMART TV?
My right-arrow on the remote doesn't work anymore and the pointer can be tricky, especially with YouTube.
Thanks.
Jason is the one who got the newest tv, I got mine last November. But yes it came with the curved remote which I actually liked.. but our dog destroyed it.

I replaced it with a generic Samsung smart TV remote that's shaped like a traditional remote - model BN59-01301A - and has many more buttons than the included remote. $12 on Amazon when I bought it, price variesa little depending on seller, and I'm not sure how much Samsung sells it for directly.

You just lose RF and voice capability, if your original remote had that.

And stow is correct, harmony remotes are great too. But your tv probably already does most of what harmony does through the Samsung smart things app.

·
Super Moderator
34,378 Posts
Saw lots of my neighbors having get togethers last weekend for mother's day.. and then, surprise surprise, new case levels in my county are the highest they've been in a month since Monday. People are too stupid for this to end well.

232641 - 232660 of 232726 Posts