Votes: 5 2.4%
  • Boris "I want to blow up the UK" Johnson

Votes: 2 0.9%

• Total voters
232181 - 232200 of 232216 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,818 Posts
We got word today that our job is (at least temporarily) being considered mission essential. I'm happy about that. They are also teasing the idea of some overtime this weekend which would be nice. It has been years since i've gotten overtime.

·
Super Moderator
34,260 Posts
So many people losing jobs, it's good to be considered essential!

My company provides essential services for laboratories so I don't think we're at much risk. There's only about 10 of us at HQ so we have plenty of personal space.

Our technicians have to be on-site but I'm hearing our clients are running skeleton crews for the most part, and they have ppe for things much more immediately dangerous than covid-19 anyway

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,818 Posts
thats kind of how it is for us here in this lab. We are spread out enough to not have to worry, and the work we do directly affects the Air Forces ability to put planes in the sky. Seems essential to me!

·
Registered
14,754 Posts
Working but not getting paid?

Working should have been in quotes. Fortunately she will be getting paid to do some work related paperwork next week. As well as picking up a babysitting gig for a couple hours each day... As long as no one in the household is asymptomatic.
Sweet! My company just had mission BBQ delivered to the office for us for lunch!

My company is providing free lunches today. And possibly next week as well. It is an effort help keep local eateries afloat. And of course to thank those of us still coming to work.

·
Super Moderator
34,260 Posts
evening!

had a pretty productive day today..

got back to finishing up the bathroom wall where i installed a bigger medicine cabinet a while back

general chores around the house

helped my wife get all set up for working from home starting monday

took apart (and reassembled) my grandmom's old car stereo to get the cd that was stuck in it - recently bought and installed a new one for her after the cd player got stuck/stopped working. dealer quoted her $600 :rolleyes:.. cost me $40 for a used oem head unit on ebay and 15 minutes to install it.

played some video games

watched "Uncut Gems".. holy shit what a great movie.

·
Registered
3,935 Posts
I had the same problem with my 5-disc CD changer on the SRT-4.
Had to destroy the changer to retrieve the CD's.
Replaced it with a GROM that allows me to play my iPOD and interfaces with my old flip phone too.
The buttons on the radio control the iPod (kinda) and the phone receives calls hands free well but no voice recognition for placing calls.
Keeps the stock radio and single disc player for posterity.

·
Super Moderator
28,129 Posts
Have more unpacking to do!
How's everyone's weekend going?
Just bought 5 ceiling fans at Lowe's and hope to have them installed this week.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,818 Posts
We did a bunch of yard work Saturday after i got off work (came in early to be able to get off early). Had plans to do a bit of maintenance to my truck on Sunday, but ended up just having a lazy day around the house with the wife and kids.

·
Super Moderator
28,129 Posts
Morning, work from home bros!
I am guessing at least a few more weeks of this and I am definitely not complaining!
More sleep, no traffic, save on gas money and no need to pack a lunch bag :)

·
Super Moderator
34,260 Posts
Morning, work from home bros!
I am guessing at least a few more weeks of this and I am definitely not complaining!
More sleep, no traffic, save on gas money and no need to pack a lunch bag :)

My company said we could work from home, but noone has chosen to yet. Don't want to be the first.

We have plenty of personal space in here but a little extra sleep would be nice

·
Super Moderator
28,129 Posts
My company said we could work from home, but noone has chosen to yet. Don't want to be the first.

We have plenty of personal space in here but a little extra sleep would be nice

Oh wow. I am surprised no one chose to work from home.

232181 - 232200 of 232216 Posts