Votes: 5 2.4%
  • Boris "I want to blow up the UK" Johnson

Votes: 2 0.9%

• Total voters
232161 - 232180 of 232216 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,818 Posts
not sure if they are going to close our base or not. apparently they are (or have already) closing Moody AFB and Shaw AFB. so far, no cases of the virus in our central GA area. we wait and see.

·
Super Moderator
34,260 Posts
the more i read about the virus and think of the past month+, the more i'm convinced that i had it.

check this out:

i was sick the week of january 20. typical sickness for me, and i joked with my wife about her getting me sick my first week at my new job. i was over it in a few days.

first week in february, my boss and several other people in my office were sick. lots of coughing.

feb 8th - wife and i go to the Phila. Intl. Auto Show along with hundreds(thousands?) of other people. i touch countless door handles, steering wheels, shift knobs, etc.

feb 11 - i start to feel sick at work again. i mentioned the jan 20th sickness to point out that i rarely ever get sick more than once in a year, and certainly not twice within a few weeks.

feb 12 - i text a friend to cancel plans for that evening, in my text "i'm feeling worse than yesterday, don't want to get you sick"

my symptoms for that wave of sickness: high fever, chills, low/no appetite, nonstop cough, fatigue, low energy/strength. mucinex had little to no effect on the cough and i didn't have a stuffed nose or really any mucus coming up at all

feb 18: i text my friend to tell him i'm "starting" to feel better. at that point still having random coughing fits but most of the other symptoms are gone.

up to today, i still have a cough coming and going. it was bad enough today that i had to take a cough drop to get it under control.

i could be completely wrong, everything just seems to line up. the second sickness, the time frame, the exposure, the symptoms. the only thing that makes me doubt that i had it is that my wife didn't get it. but i was super careful to keep to myself during it, and while i was home i was basically just sleeping.

i don't know, doesn't really matter at this point, just interesting to think about, and whether i had it or not, i'm sure that a lot of people DID have it and never thought to get tested or even seek medical attention for it.

·
Premium Member
3,818 Posts
see, that's something I've been saying for a while now. I truly think this has been something that has been spreading for a while here, just no one was being test for it.

I have a co-worker with a very similar story which happened to him around that same time. His wife, daughter and he were all showing flu like symptoms, but all tested negative for flu.

·
Registered
6,700 Posts
Smoger is the epicenter!!!! Lol You're right. How many people thought it was just the flu and didn't think anything more about it?
I sent an email to my boss letting her know I'm in the office today but will start working from home tomorrow.

·
Super Moderator
28,129 Posts
My younger brother has had flu like symptoms for almost two weeks but thankfully he is feeling better.
Between regular flu, pollen/allergy season, and Coronavirus, it's been nuts.
My car is covered with oak tree pollen.
Thankfully I have no allergies down here but used to be allergic to ragweed pollen when I lived in NJ as a kid.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
39,022 Posts
Same with my dad (tested negative for the flu, but gave him stuff anyway) and some people at school. They didn't know what it was and just treated the symptoms with usual stuff and it took a lot longer to clear. Everyone was going to conferences and meetings and crap like usual so no doubt it was in the us before that January 21st date they keep talking about.

Once they get fast antibody tests and go door to door we could see that huge swaths of the population had it, spread it, and didn't even know it.

·
Super Moderator
28,129 Posts
Same with my dad (tested negative for the flu, but gave him stuff anyway) and some people at school. They didn't know what it was and just treated the symptoms with usual stuff and it took a lot longer to clear. Everyone was going to conferences and meetings and crap like usual so no doubt it was in the us before that January 21st date they keep talking about.

Once they get fast antibody tests and go door to door we could see that huge swaths of the population had it, spread it, and didn't even know it.
Glad to hear he tested negative.
Almost done packing!
Movers come at 2 tomorrow!

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,818 Posts
So our boss is pushing to try to get our jobs classified as "mission essential" which would mean that even if the base closes, we still come into work. It's a catch-22 because it makes our job more secure, but then we still have to show up, even in inclement weather...

·
Super Moderator
34,260 Posts
Sweet! My company just had mission BBQ delivered to the office for us for lunch!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

232161 - 232180 of 232216 Posts