Votes: 5 2.4%
  • Boris "I want to blow up the UK" Johnson

Votes: 2 0.9%

• Total voters
231961 - 231980 of 232306 Posts

·
Super Moderator
28,148 Posts
We are getting July 3rd off also! Should be an awesome weekend!

I read recently that the Jeep Gladiators weren't selling well and maybe this is somewhat related to Eric's earlier post. Maybe FCA should lower the prices? They are way overpriced in my opinion.

Meanwhile, we are trying CluedUp this weekend in Tampa. Our team of 6 has to use a mobile phone app to solve a mystery. Hopefully it will be fun. Haven't tried this before. Has anyone here participated in a CluedUp event before?

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
34,272 Posts
We are getting July 3rd off also! Should be an awesome weekend!

I read recently that the Jeep Gladiators weren't selling well and maybe this is somewhat related to Eric's earlier post. Maybe FCA should lower the prices? They are way overpriced in my opinion.

Meanwhile, we are trying CluedUp this weekend in Tampa. Our team of 6 has to use a mobile phone app to solve a mystery. Hopefully it will be fun. Haven't tried this before. Has anyone here participated in a CluedUp event before?

Never heard of that, let us know how it is

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
28,148 Posts
Meanwhile, my front pocket minimalist wallet has gotten scratched up over time but has worked great! (Under $20 on eBay)
My brother gave me an Amazon gift card as a late Christmas gift and I decided to buy the Fidelo Hybrid wallet as seem below for only $35. It arrives tomorrow. :)

·
Administrator
39,035 Posts
I don't think the gladiator is overpriced for most models, but it isn't as "nice" of a truck as something like the Ranger and GM twins for people wanting a more quiet ride. The overpriced comments are comparing to a really base 1/2 ton which has even less features. If the rumors of a Dakota based on the gladiator chassis are true then that'd be a good seller if they can keep the price in line with the domestic competition, and open things up for the Wagoneer that's maybe or maybe not coming (unless they use the Ram 1500 chassis, but that's a bit too big IMO). The new Frontier is a little over a year away, and the Tacoma is maybe eventually getting an update but there's apparently still frame problems with them and the drivetrain still sucks compared to the competition.

·
Premium Member
3,849 Posts
I don't think the gladiator is overpriced for most models, but it isn't as "nice" of a truck as something like the Ranger and GM twins for people wanting a more quiet ride. The overpriced comments are comparing to a really base 1/2 ton which has even less features. If the rumors of a Dakota based on the gladiator chassis are true then that'd be a good seller if they can keep the price in line with the domestic competition, and open things up for the Wagoneer that's maybe or maybe not coming (unless they use the Ram 1500 chassis, but that's a bit too big IMO). The new Frontier is a little over a year away, and the Tacoma is maybe eventually getting an update but there's apparently still frame problems with them and the drivetrain still sucks compared to the competition.
I really really want one of the new gladiators, but the price is whats difficult about it for me. Granted, all the new trucks are high now-a-days. I bought my Tacoma TRD sport (only lacking navigation) in 2014 brand new for only $29K. That same truck now is almost $40K...

·
Administrator
39,035 Posts
The other thing Jeep has done with the Wrangler and now gladiator is that they offer a ton of single line item options so it can be unique and yours, and that can get expensive. Other companies force you into option packages or sub-trim level options that may give you stuff you don't want to pay for but have to if you want even just one or two pieces of it.

·
Premium Member
3,849 Posts
The other thing Jeep has done with the Wrangler and now gladiator is that they offer a ton of single line item options so it can be unique and yours, and that can get expensive. Other companies force you into option packages or sub-trim level options that may give you stuff you don't want to pay for but have to if you want even just one or two pieces of it.
this is true. With my truck, i didnt want, or need 4x4, but wanted the 6-speed manual transmission... can't have the MTX without 4x4... that added $$

·
Super Moderator
34,272 Posts
Finally sweated out overnight so hopefully this sickness is coming to an end. What a miserable week it's been

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

231961 - 231980 of 232306 Posts