Votes: 5 2.4%
  • Boris "I want to blow up the UK" Johnson

Votes: 2 1.0%

• Total voters
231801 - 231820 of 231874 Posts

·
Registered
6,624 Posts
In most cases i would agree with you, but its a 2006 XRS model (pretty rare. Less than 7K were built from 05-06) that we have supercharged.
I was going to say the same thing. 😄
So was the supercharger a TRD option that Toyota installed just like Dodge did the SRT4 stages?

·
Super Moderator
28,059 Posts
Yep I accepted an offer a few days after Christmas but they couldn't start me yet. My first day is actually this Monday

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
That's awesome! Congratulations!

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,911 Posts
Yep I accepted an offer a few days after Christmas but they couldn't start me yet. My first day is actually this Monday

I'm so glad for you!
I thought that was horrible of your previous empyer to let you go so close to Christmas!
Anyway, good luck on the new job.
And sad to say, the party is over for you now ;)

·
Super Moderator
34,174 Posts
That's awesome! Congratulations!

Thanks! I'm really excited and the whole situation has turned out to be a positive kick in the butt for me. More money, better benefits, and more growth potential at the new place.
I'm so glad for you!
I thought that was horrible of your previous empyer to let you go so close to Christmas!
Anyway, good luck on the new job.
And sad to say, the party is over for you now ;)

Thanks, yeah it was a shitty situation all around. Just bad decisions by ownership that led to a dead end. Anyway, looking ahead, as I mentioned above, the new job pays better and has better benefits. Excited to get started.

Oh, and there hasn't been much of any party here, sadly. I have a little side business so I've just been working on that more than usual once I finished job hunting. January is a slow time for that but the work I've been doing will hopefully pay off later in the year.

·
Registered
3,911 Posts
After 10 years, support for Windows 7 is coming to an end on January 14, 2020. We know change can be difficult, so we are here to help you with recommendations for what to do next and to answer questions about end of support.

BAH! I'm going to at last try the upgrade before I go buy a new PC!

·
Super Moderator
34,174 Posts
Sup, y'all. Been watching jeopardy?
yes but missed it tonight.

After 10 years, support for Windows 7 is coming to an end on January 14, 2020. We know change can be difficult, so we are here to help you with recommendations for what to do next and to answer questions about end of support.

BAH! I'm going to at last try the upgrade before I go buy a new PC!
good luck. windows 10 is in a good place and i wouldn't want to go back to 7.

·
Super Moderator
28,059 Posts
Sup, y'all. Been watching jeopardy?
I was going to try watching it last night but ended up watching the debates and the cooking channel (not Food Network, but that's a great channel also).

·
Premium Member
3,619 Posts
I was going to say the same thing. 😄
So was the supercharger a TRD option that Toyota installed just like Dodge did the SRT4 stages?
No. The XRS came factory with the 2ZZ-GTE motor over the standard 1ZZ. The 2ZZ is the same motor that was in the celica GTS and the lotus elise/exege. We slapped a Greddy supercharger kit on it that was made for the celica. It now makes around the same HP to the wheels what an SRT-4 made stock to the crank.

·
Registered
6,624 Posts
No. The XRS came factory with the 2ZZ-GTE motor over the standard 1ZZ. The 2ZZ is the same motor that was in the celica GTS and the lotus elise/exege. We slapped a Greddy supercharger kit on it that was made for the celica. It now makes around the same HP to the wheels what an SRT-4 made stock to the crank.
Nice!

·
Super Moderator
34,174 Posts
sounds fun!

·
Registered
3,911 Posts
yes but missed it tonight.

good luck. windows 10 is in a good place and i wouldn't want to go back to 7.
Thanks. Finally got rid of "Cooliris for Internet Explorer" and another incompatibility issue with a Card Reader driver (regedit deletes and erase driver folders).
It was screaming with a black screen this morning when I got up to check...not responding to anything....so I EPO'd and it came back up.
Currently running "Working on Updates 88% - this may take some time".
Hmmmm...reminds me of those tedious old days updating NCR's SVR4 Unix all night before I could get near the Teradata Database Upgrade which was the whole point!

·
Super Moderator
34,174 Posts
May upgrade to a new phone this March.
Need a Google Fi compatible phone with wireless charging and decent battery life.
Any suggestions?

I've been happy with my last few Samsung phones.

I think OnePlus is supposed to be really good these days too.

Not sure what works with Fi

231801 - 231820 of 231874 Posts