Votes: 5 2.4%
  • Boris "I want to blow up the UK" Johnson

Votes: 2 1.0%

• Total voters
231781 - 231800 of 231874 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,619 Posts
South GA Motorsports park announced yesterday that they are converting their 1/4 mile drag strip to be a 1/2 mile strip. Apparently they will be the only track in the country to have that. Thats pretty exciting. I'd really like to try that out.

·
Administrator
38,955 Posts
Replaced both front bearings/hubs on my dad's truck today. Took about 4hrs because of crevice corrosion. Arms are rubber from swinging a mini sledge for about an hour straight.

·
Administrator
38,955 Posts
had the bedroom window open last night (after having to turn on the AC during the day) only to have the garbage truck roll through a little after 4am. With the SRT in the garage on jack stands for a brake caliper replacement and full flush, clean, inspection, etc of everything else I drove the old truck today to verify the stuck caliper my dad complained about when he borrowed it last. Sure enough, front drivers caliper is sticking a bit and I have a new dry bearing sound from something in the serpentine system. Looks like that's next to go in the shop, and I still have to get the Miata in there for the speedo cable, shift boots, and another inspection of the parking brake mechanism that's been sticky basically since I bought it 10 years ago.

we had 3 record highs in a row, ~20°f above normal with even our nighttime lows being above our average highs.

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
Nine'ers played well yesterday. Keep it up!
Seahawks-Packers should be a good game - both are great.
Texans-Chiefs also and should be a great game.
That Texas-Chiefs game was wild. Didn't watch the other game.

·
Registered
6,624 Posts
Saw this new Supra pulling out of a Toyota plant a few miles from my house today :love: (I don't know exactly what they do at that facility).

·
Super Moderator
34,174 Posts
saw a few of them a couple weeks ago when i picked my mom up from the toyota dealer while her corolla was having it's landmines replaced with airbags

still not sure how i feel about them. it's a bummer that so few cars come in manual anymore.

yes i know good autos are faster and manuals are money losers overall , but there's something to be said for just having fun driving the car.

·
Super Moderator
34,174 Posts
Shit, I need to call about my son's airbag recall too. 2006 Matrix (Corolla)
good luck! it only took them about 2 hours to do hers, in and out. we barely had time to have lunch before i had to take her back to pick it up :lol:

the service manager told her they were doing a few dozen a day!

·
Registered
6,624 Posts
good luck! it only took them about 2 hours to do hers, in and out. we barely had time to have lunch before i had to take her back to pick it up :lol:

the service manager told her they were doing a few dozen a day!
That's good to know! I didn't know how long it would take.

·
Premium Member
3,619 Posts
My wife's corolla needs to go in for the airbag recall... again. I just hate taking our cars to places to have them worked on. I worry some dumbass kid is going to joy ride in one of them during a "test drive". I know thats just me turning into a grumpy old man...

·
Super Moderator
34,174 Posts
My wife's corolla needs to go in for the airbag recall... again. I just hate taking our cars to places to have them worked on. I worry some dumbass kid is going to joy ride in one of them during a "test drive". I know thats just me turning into a grumpy old man...
Don't think you have to worry too much about anyone joy riding a Corolla tbh lol

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,619 Posts
Don't think you have to worry too much about anyone joy riding a Corolla tbh lol

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
In most cases i would agree with you, but its a 2006 XRS model (pretty rare. Less than 7K were built from 05-06) that we have supercharged.

231781 - 231800 of 231874 Posts