Votes: 5 2.4%
  • Boris "I want to blow up the UK" Johnson

Votes: 2 1.0%

• Total voters
231761 - 231780 of 231874 Posts

·
Administrator
38,955 Posts
Stupid things like this are one reason I've always used Intel for my builds, friends, family, and most recommendations as well. You can hate on them for more frequent socket changes necessitating motherboard upgrades, but unless you're going for the newest and greatest every 2 years you'd be replacing the motherboard anyway as peripherals and other components have also advanced. I've never had a system not post, and the only motherboard I've ever had to rma was an MSI, so looks like they're 2 for 2. AMD/ATI has always sucked for drivers, and requiring a BIOS update using an old processor to use a new processor means there's THOUSANDS of motherboards on shelves, like mine, that can't be used out of the box even though they're certified and the newest production runs do work. I may end up returning to Amazon, if they allow it, and go with an x570 board even though it's an extra $50+ just to guarantee it'll work.

·
Administrator
38,955 Posts
Plus it's hard to sell just a processor when it'd be better to sell the whole thing. With each generation lately the ram speeds have increased while ram prices are going down, so recoup some of your costs and sell the system as a working tower and it'll cover the other pieces you've upgraded as well.

·
Administrator
38,955 Posts
Looks like I have a line on a 1600 to swap with locally. Already have latest bios on a thumb drive along with drivers, and latest windows on another thumb drive. Want to get this done.

·
Administrator
38,955 Posts
had to take the bathroom sink drains apart twice last night. whoever installed it years ago didn't deburr the edges and allowed grime to accumulate where there wasn't enough pitch going into the wall. Good news is it let me organize under the sink. I found some advil gelcaps that expired in 04. Think they're still good?

·
Super Moderator
28,059 Posts

·
Super Moderator
34,174 Posts

Wow!

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
Gotta pay well to attract the best people. I feel like it's especially hard to attract 'lifers' in the fast food industry. This should help

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
34,174 Posts
had to take the bathroom sink drains apart twice last night. whoever installed it years ago didn't deburr the edges and allowed grime to accumulate where there wasn't enough pitch going into the wall. Good news is it let me organize under the sink. I found some advil gelcaps that expired in 04. Think they're still good?
ugh don't get me started on sink drains. i took the trap off mine the other day due to a minor leak. then i slid the decorative cover away from the wall and saw that the part coming from inside the wall was welded on instead of fitted with a nut. so i went to stuff a rag in it and research next steps and the moment i touched it, it bent up about 40 degrees.. the weld was completely gone on the bottom of it. So i just broke the rest off and now I have some monstrosity going on inside the wall and it's above my head. Contacted a drain focused plumber but haven't heard back for scheduling. I'll call some other places on Monday.

·
Super Moderator
28,059 Posts
Gotta pay well to attract the best people. I feel like it's especially hard to attract 'lifers' in the fast food industry. This should help

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Agreed

·
Premium Member
3,619 Posts
Gotta pay well to attract the best people.
Its funny to me because that should be common sense. When we were negotiating our pay with our company at the last union negotiations we were trying to get them to increase our pay to that which other AF bases (some of which are local) are being paid. keep in mind, those other bases are also run by this same company. It would have been about a $5/hour bump for me. But they wouldn't go for it and barely gave us any raise at all. Now, a couple years later, we are under staffed and they are having difficulty finding qualified applicants! We tried to tell them...

·
Super Moderator
28,059 Posts
Happy Friday, friends all over the country!
Playing golf tomorrow and going bike riding with my sister, her friend, and my friend this Sunday at Alafia River State Park again.

231761 - 231780 of 231874 Posts