Votes: 4 1.9%
  • Boris "I want to blow up the UK" Johnson

Votes: 1 0.5%

• Total voters
231001 - 231020 of 231082 Posts

·
Super Moderator
33,931 Posts
Wasn't expecting any more updates at this point.. Wonder if it will change any front end stuff.

One thing that's new since the last update is it can now update without the car running, and can be scheduled. Last update I had to sit with the car running for 30 minutes. I scheduled this for 2pm when I won't be driving so we'll see how it goes

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,457 Posts
The Dreamcast is very cool! I didn't know it ran Windows, had a modem, etc. I skipped every console between the Sega Genesis (with 32x adapter) and the 1st gen Xbox. I played N64 but for free through an emulator on the PC called Ultra HLE. :p

·
Super Moderator
33,931 Posts
The Dreamcast is very cool! I didn't know it ran Windows, had a modem, etc. I skipped every console between the Sega Genesis (with 32x adapter) and the 1st gen Xbox. I played N64 but for free through an emulator on the PC called Ultra HLE. :p
dreamcast was amazing. it hit right as i was going into college and got super cheap pretty fast. i can't tell you how much we played Unreal Tournament on it. we got so good at the game that the highest level bots weren't even challenging anymore when we would set up coop games against them.

the modem was awesome too but not a whole lot of games supported online. Phantasy Star Online was incredible and probably the only game i played online back then. but not that much because my internet access was through aol and you couldn't use that with the dreamcast. so i had to use those free ISPs that existed back then to connect with it, and they only gave you like 5 hours a month or something.

i recently saw that there's a virtual server you can set up with a raspberry pi to get the dreamcast online again, and it sounds awesome but also a lot of work to get connected with a tiny base of users. maybe not worth it. if i could get my friend john from college to do it so we could play UT again it would be great. but even then it would still be easier just to play the PC version at this point

·
Registered
6,472 Posts
Hi Stow, I'am sorry to hear about your post hurricane damage. Some time what may be considered small
damage, may lead to more severe problems later on. I hope all issues will be resolved soon and the insurance
company will approve the funding to fix the structural issues. Keep your chin up.

·
Super Moderator
27,896 Posts
i have mine 3 feet away still hooked up. i even bought a standalone upscaler for it so it looks great on modern tvs :)
Wow that's awesome!
I wish you owned a Barcade!
I never owned a Dreamcast but I owned a Sega Genesis and Sega CD.

Jeff, you always find great bargains! I think I am just more addicted to Ibotta. I love Cash Back!

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
33,931 Posts
Wow that's awesome!
I wish you owned a Barcade!
I never owned a Dreamcast but I owned a Sega Genesis and Sega CD.

Jeff, you always find great bargains! I think I am just more addicted to Ibotta. I love Cash Back!

just happy to own my own games and not deal with commercial upkeep :)

wanted a sega cd back in the day but never ended up getting one.

·
Super Moderator
33,931 Posts
morning! i'm here off and on all day 😂

i guess the car ran it's update yesterday, but i don't see any new features or anything. probably just a security update.

·
Administrator
38,858 Posts
insurance adjuster comes Saturday morning, so can't do anything about Friday's rain. Garage is nearly dry again, but I'll have to do some very minor mold remediation and get some concrete cleaner and scrub (or pressure wash and follow along with the shop vac) to get the slippery slimy silt off the floor.

The hilarity of trying to put the boat back in it's spot yesterday meant I put on a good show for the neighbor. I couldn't do the usual move because of debris piles, so I backed in straight through the yard and over the landscape timbers, but I couldn't keep it dead straight going over a wet angled 6x6 so either the trailer or my truck kept sliding sideways just a tad. So after a lot of back and forth I finally got it where I wanted, but the ball wouldn't come off the coupler. I was jacking the back of the truck up to the point I didn't have any rear wheel traction even at idle, let alone when I gave it gas! Lower the trailer jack back down some, throw it in 4wd, lurch forward and it popped off and the ass end dropped like 3 inches. Whoops.

I'd like someone to tell me how tarping a shingled roof where only a 10x5 area will need repair is a smart move? You've now put holes through good shingles above, below, and to the side of the trouble area and now your repairing a hell of a lot more. I understand if you have an actual hole through it and will be replacing EVERYTHING up on top, but if it's just a section of shingles and some flashing why would I make it so I'm pulling up and replacing even more stuff for a much more expensive repair bill?

·
Administrator
38,858 Posts
That stuff is more expensive than a new roof!

I did see a commercial building get some sheets of ice and water shield and put them OVER the damaged area but tuck it under an upper row of good shingles. Since it's basically sheets of adhesive rubber it's not going to leak or flap around and going under an upper row means water can't try and sneak under at the top.

·
Registered
6,472 Posts
Hello Friend, I will like to recommend, you read the book Leader Shift: by John C. Maxwell. You can get
info in the book about digital or webinar type training. I have a few questions, concerning the leadership experience you have attained in your past or present job. 1. Have you lead a team on a project? 2. have you attended leadership training or earned a certification?

·
Super Moderator
27,896 Posts
Hello Friend, I will like to recommend, you read the book Leader Shift: by John C. Maxwell. You can get
info in the book about digital or webinar type training. I have a few questions, concerning the leadership experience you have attained in your past or present job. 1. Have you lead a team on a project? 2. have you attended leadership training or earned a certification?
Thank you!
Haven't done those items yet but I should look into it.

·
Super Moderator
27,896 Posts
This one's for you Jason.

View attachment 144182
Lmfao! Love this!

Meanwhile, Think I will try a Subway slider today. Low price, low calories.

Weighed in at 156 this morning.
6 more damn pounds to go!!!

Jeff, how much do you weigh now?

231001 - 231020 of 231082 Posts
About this Discussion
231.1K Replies
220 Participants
bzzt
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing