Votes: 4 1.9%
  • Boris "I want to blow up the UK" Johnson

Votes: 1 0.5%

• Total voters
230981 - 231000 of 231082 Posts

·
Registered
6,472 Posts
Afternoon guys. Stow I see that landfall was around your area. Thankfully the cat is down to 1 and the force of the wind is below 100mph. That's still enough to cause damage to roof, trees, and may produce surge problems, in some areas. Do what you have to do to prevent excess flooding in your garage, and safeguard your truck and cars. Dorian is beginning to move at a faster speed and should be out of your area soon. Stay strong and safe.

·
Administrator
38,858 Posts
May have slight roof damage to the old truck. Srt appears fine from a distance, didn't walk over to see it. New truck didn't even get rained on. No idea on the Miata as it's close to a mile away.

Small leak coming into th kitchen from one of the now bare spots on my roof. Same places we keep patching every year. Will have to see what insurance says. Power has been out for a couple of hours, I hear one generator going for someone up the hill, wish I had one just for the pump. Garage will be fine, nothing left on the ground and it only got about 4 inches inside, all rain water. Pump it out, turn on some fans, sweep, put tool chests back on the ground, it'll be back to normal.

·
Administrator
38,858 Posts
Just found out at least two of our area fishing piers are significantly damaged, huge sections missing from the waves battering them.

·
Administrator
38,858 Posts
Power back on after 6+ hours, but the water is up a foot, right at the top of the bulkheads behind my house.

Time to clean up the deck, fire up the grill, and then move the truck to higher ground.

Nevermind, still way too windy.

·
Administrator
38,858 Posts
Still no internet, parents don't have power so they came over to heat up some food and put their perishables in my fridge and deep freeze. Going to start cleanup in the yard today, head out to the office and check on that, and see how it's going out there. It could have been much worse up here, and I wish I knew what the news was showing for other storm damage.

Only permanent residents and employees of critical services are allowed back in starting at noon today, and only up here. Down south it's still closed off to anyone not involved with sar or infrastructure repair.

Vacationers who were supposed to check in this weekend are posting up all pissed they can't get in, but that happens every time we have to spend a few days cleaning up. Then they complain when the restaurant isn't fully staffed or has a limited menu, or their pool and windows are dirty. Just shows that too many people live in their own little bubble.

·
Registered
6,457 Posts
Scored some Goodwill gold this morning...
Pair of Monster BTW249 indoor/outdoor Bluetooth speakers, $6.99 each ($230 + shipping on tAmazon). Work perfectly and sound great! Either can be the primary, and the other one links to it wirelessly.
Item #2 is a Netgear EX6100 WiFi range extender for $2.99 ($60 on Amazon). I've been wanting one for a while since the downstairs signal is a little weak.

·
Super Moderator
33,931 Posts
Stow, glad to hear you made it through semi ok.
Scored some Goodwill gold this morning...
Pair of Monster BTW249 indoor/outdoor Bluetooth speakers, $6.99 each ($230 + shipping on tAmazon). Work perfectly and sound great! Either can be the primary, and the other one links to it wirelessly.
Item #2 is a Netgear EX6100 WiFi range extender for $2.99 ($60 on Amazon). I've been wanting one for a while since the downstairs signal is a little weak.

View attachment 144157
Excellent finds! I love going to thrift stores but never find anything good.

We went to see Hobbs and Shaw tonight. It was predictably a 'fine' summer action movie and not much beyond that. Perfect movie to see when you're paying a flat rate per month no matter how many you see. Otherwise, watch it when it's on TV.

Also went to a small car show. Not too much there, mostly typical 70s stuff. Plus a grand national, a few hot rods, and a lonely hellcat that was getting no attention because it was the newest thing there.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
33,931 Posts
welp tonight i realized my power washer has small vents in it's body and i guess they have uncovered components exposed to those vents.

inadvertently got it wet and the next thing i know it let out the "magic smoke" .. ie something on the board shorted and some component blew out. BUT it kept working! so i kept using it while smoke continued to creep out the back. it lasted another 35 min or so and then died completely. RIP cheapo power washer.

but.. now i can step up to a proper gas powered one. i'm sure i'll be able to find a cheap used one for sale locally.

also later in the week if i have some time i'll open it up and see if i can see what blew. if i see anything obvious i'll see if i can fix it cheap

·
Administrator
38,858 Posts
Roof leak meant blistered wall and wet kitchen this morning as more than 5 inches of rain fell and flooded houses and roads, worse than we saw during the hurricane itself. Must wait for insurance to call and give ok. Been taking pictures, but right now I can't use anything but the microwave.

And the flooding closed roads so we couldn't get to work anyway. And tv/phone/internet is down.

·
Super Moderator
27,896 Posts
Roof leak meant blistered wall and wet kitchen this morning as more than 5 inches of rain fell and flooded houses and roads, worse than we saw during the hurricane itself. Must wait for insurance to call and give ok. Been taking pictures, but right now I can't use anything but the microwave.

And the flooding closed roads so we couldn't get to work anyway. And tv/phone/internet is down.
Dang, sorry to hear that bro. Hopefully it won't take too long for the repairs and I hope the insurance company works as fast as possible. I can only imagine the number of auto and homeowners claims that were made recently in your area.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
27,896 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts

Winter, they say

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,457 Posts
Morning!

Sorry to hear about all the flooding Stow. I guess it's a big price to pay, living in an area that is gorgeous at times but a bitch when it wants to be. :cautious:

·
Super Moderator
33,931 Posts
230981 - 231000 of 231082 Posts
About this Discussion
231.1K Replies
220 Participants
bzzt
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing