Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to teach my wife how to drive a manual. Coincidentally, the only manual car I own is the SRT-4. So she's getting better at it. She's got the flat level start down pretty well. Uphill, she still has trouble. She stalls it more frequently than i would like. The only damage she is doing to the car is the clutch and starter correct?
the clutch i dont mind, since i can install an aftermarket one later on down the road.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Good luck to your SRT!! :D

·
Registered
275 Posts
I tought myself on mine, 7k later the entire clutch system needed to be replaced, under warranty of course.

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
SRT420 said:
I tought myself on mine, 7k later the entire clutch system needed to be replaced, under warranty of course.
Oh man, that doesn't sound good. I tried to teach my girlfriend to drive my car. She never got a hold on it many stalls later. I got about 13K miles and i'm still good. Did the clutch slowly go out or was it just like all the sudden? What did it feel/sound like?

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Damn man how did you manage to kill the clutch in 7k miles?

·
Registered
275 Posts
FrontMounted said:
Oh man, that doesn't sound good. I tried to teach my girlfriend to drive my car. She never got a hold on it many stalls later. I got about 13K miles and i'm still good. Did the clutch slowly go out or was it just like all the sudden? What did it feel/sound like?
If she just messed around with it for a little bit i think youll be fine. I drove a stick once for a half hour then went and bought the srt. Mine all the sudden went. I was driving and shifted and then as soon as i hit the gas i just heard a really loud rattling metal noise. At that time i didnt know it was the clutch and the dealer said it was a spun bearing and they couldnt do it for months, i think they didnt want to do the warranty work. So i had to take it to my original dealership which was about 20 miles away and it drove there and changed gears perfectly but the noise was horrible and would only happen any time i hit the gas.

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
buffaluphagus said:
u guys have balls, my girlfriend always wants me to show her how to drive it and I always tell her no. lol.
:lol: that's why she has not done it again since then.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
SRT420 said:
If she just messed around with it for a little bit i think youll be fine. I drove a stick once for a half hour then went and bought the srt. Mine all the sudden went. I was driving and shifted and then as soon as i hit the gas i just heard a really loud rattling metal noise. At that time i didnt know it was the clutch and the dealer said it was a spun bearing and they couldnt do it for months, i think they didnt want to do the warranty work. So i had to take it to my original dealership which was about 20 miles away and it drove there and changed gears perfectly but the noise was horrible and would only happen any time i hit the gas.
You talking about the LSD and Transmission noises?

·
Registered
275 Posts
Im not sure what your asking, i dont know what noises your talking about. This was a noise that sounded like someone gargling, but with metal. It was just a really loud rattling kind of noise and i would cringe everytime i hit the gas.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Have her use the hand brake to hold the car on the hills and during pull of from uphill stops.

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
unless she's one of those who rev's up high and lets the clutch out insanely slow, you should be fine. unless u stall the car several times the day over the course of its life you should be fine. I learned on an integra and that clutch lasted through the cars life.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts