Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
With only a limited number of big brake kits on the market, TCE stands tall by offering the most value packed products for your braking needs.

TCE offers both 13 x .81" Street Sport kits, as well as the track proven 13 x 1.10" kits for those who take braking seriously.

Both kits combine the quality of Directional Vane (DV) rotor castings with the full size Forged SuperLite (FSL) caliper line offering unparalelled caliper stiffness and response. Pad options for the FSL are surerior to many stock calipers and pad thickness alone (a full .800") makes this by far the most track worthy offering on the market.

Wheel clearance for the TCE kits is not for the faint however as we cannot accomodate factory wheels. However the fit of the narrower Street Sport kit as used on the GRM Project Car, offer you the best selection of options and still retain the needed qualities of this brake kit. The wider 1.10 or Road Race kits require far more limiting wheel selection. And should only be considered for the most extreme of use.

Before you jump at the frist brake kit opportunity be sure you review the parts list carefully. When comparing you'll see the value of all TCE kits quickly.

**Shown below:
A 13" Street Sport kit belonging to CTA with a customer painted caliper and optional drilled rotors.

A custom built Road Race kit showing the full mass of proper 1.10" rotors and full size FSL calipers. Also custom drilled hat bolts for safety wire.

Lastly, we have tested and installed one of the few rear brake kits known for the SRT4. This kit is a four pot DL caliper on 12.19 rotor. It's a viable package however it removes the parking brake.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,331 Posts
Just checked out the site and prices...Let just say this is a really good value... :thumbsup:

Too bad I'm poor

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
i would be seriously interested what are prices options and what would you recomend. Are there shorter stopping distances with this kit and is it front and rear. I like the idea not onlyfor stopping but the looks of a big rotor is awesome

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Most of the TCE kits run in the low to mid $1100 range. Depending upon size and options. While more than some offerings and less than others we feel they are properly slotted into the market.

The recently conducted tests on the GRM project car concluded pretty much what we've come to expect from a big brake kit. Similar stopping distances with improved thermal capacity and response. Without spilling the details, back to back tests with Per showed the SRT4 to have a pretty potent brake system right from the factory. (Yes, all you " I told you so" guys can jump up now!) While never denying this, the true benefits of the BBK come from repeated hard use. Not one stop.

More mass in such a rotor as this simply means that the rotor works less while providing the same overall stopping torque. Think of it as using a stock system to 98% capacity vs an alternative system to only 80% with the same result.

The other benefits come from minor weight reductions (although the SS kit rotor weighs in at 11.5 and the RR rotor at 14.5) and improved clamp and release action. With the removal of the stock 'floater' we now have immediate clamping via fluid pressure and not mechanical leverage. This combined with proper bias changes netting a reduction in piston area afford the driver a firmer pedal which is also easier to modulate.

Lastly, the mass of the pads on the FSL alone are a sure sign of keeping heat out of the caliper and into the rotor where it belongs. Boiling fluid would be highly unlikely. Pad fade is a thing of the past with proper pad selection- and dozens of options from leading names in the pad industry; Wilwood, Hawk, PFC, Raybestos, Ferrodo and more.

These kits are not just about looking the part. They are of a more serious nature and provide the benefits true track users are looking for. Still, if good looks are your thing- it's pretty tough to hide this behind a nice open wheel!~

·
Banned
3,535 Posts
i can say this...

my 13" kit came with everything ready to install, there was no guess work, fitment was perfect and bedding directions worked great.
about the only thing he should have added, was a can of flat black caliper paint for the rears, so they match.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks.

And in fariness, there are a couple of folks waiting on hoses now as you read this...I'm sorry for that parts delay, but for some reasons Goodridge has been backed up a bit on custom hose kits of late. I'm on it, hang in there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts