Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm picking up my new '04 electric blue in a few hours. I can't wait ! I've had my eye on these cars since they came out. I'll be using my as my daily driver. I've got an 87 GN with a bunch of mods for my "hobby" car. This is gonna be fun :thumbsup:

After breaking it in, I might go for a few mods such as a cold air intake, BOV, and possible a stage 1 kit. Does the stage 1 kit void the warranty ? Does the mopar BOV void the warranty ?

Thx,
Jeff

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info sarrett. I see Mopar mods in my future :lol:

I picked up the car at 3:00 this afternoon and drove around for several hours. I test drove a different car before buying this one. After driving it, this one seems stronger. These cars really are a blast to drive. Second gear seems to pull REALLY hard. I can't wait to get some miles on it to get it broken it good. I'm sure they run a bit stronger after a good break in period.

Not nearly as quick as the GN, but it sure handles and brakes much better. It is equally as fun to drive. :thumbsup:

I'm also looking forward to spending time on the board and getting to know you folks :hi:

·
Registered
166 Posts
Ok, the way it goes is........

Stage 2 itself is not warrantied (all Mopar performance parts are sold "As Is"). And any problems the Stage 2 causes may not be covered under warranty. This is according to Mopar. Check their website, or better yet buy a Mopar performance parts book and it is clearly stated in there.

However.......

Your dealer may decide to cover the aforementioned parts. The burden is on Mopar (according to the law) to prove that the performance parts caused the problem.

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
One guy's car's warranty got voided because he had stage 1. I think he is still fighting them for it and it's been months. There is a VERY LONG thread about it somewhere around here. It all depends.
Oh yeah, and don't assume the first person that responds to your post is correct. Do research. Also, look at this and put it in your favorites in case the dealers are ever being stupid with you. :readclose
http://www.granatellimotorsports.com/magnusonmoss.htm

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.