Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm helping my buddy turbo his non turbo talon, loooking at turbo choices right now and he likes this unit he found on ebay for cheap. Anyone have any info on it. It;s for a 420a engine too.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Specialk43 said:
I'm helping my buddy turbo his non turbo talon, loooking at turbo choices right now and he likes this unit he found on ebay for cheap. Anyone have any info on it. It;s for a 420a engine too.
Is basically a Garrett T3, with a larger GN compressor wheel.
Look here for some further info...
http://www.thedodgegarage.com/
...under "Turbo database" then #29 "Advanced turbocharger choices"

The S70 turbo was something that was not offered by Mopar is any form but was more of an option by several turbo builders using "off the shelf" parts. It typically combines a stock Buick Grand National compressor wheel with a modified .42 compressor housing. It flows more then stock of course, but the downside is with the larger wheel sizes it increases lag and puts more load on the turbo bearings increasing the chance of bearing failure if the turbo has not been balanced correctly. The compressor inducer/exducer sizes are 50 mm/70 mm.

Also terminology varies from vendor to vendor on just what a S-70 is- be sure to compare the specs!

There are also a large number of other exotic combinations of compressors/exhaust turbines not listed here. Contact or visit one of the manufactures listed above to find out what fits your cars needs and your budget.

·
Registered
7,310 Posts
The "Super 70" on the 2.2L 16V Chrysler Turbo III's are pretty laggy considering its size and flow potential. You're waiting, waiting, waiting, and then boost hits pretty hard. I'd imagine it would be worse on the smaller 2.0L engine. It might work ok but he might like the power delivery of a 60-trim better (you can find a T3 60-trim with a .63 A/R housing on some of the older Ford 2.3L turbo/5-speed cars).

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Yup...a T3 60 trim...0.60/0.63...stage 2 turbine side (stage 3 would slug)...that'd be a good combo!

blackbird_R/T said:
The "Super 70" on the 2.2L 16V Chrysler Turbo III's are pretty laggy considering its size and flow potential. You're waiting, waiting, waiting, and then boost hits pretty hard. I'd imagine it would be worse on the smaller 2.0L engine. It might work ok but he might like the power delivery of a 60-trim better (you can find a T3 60-trim with a .63 A/R housing on some of the older Ford 2.3L turbo/5-speed cars).

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
modernperformance and look at the hahn kits for eclipses. I have researched it and dont run more that 7 psi or it is not last long. Good site is 2gnt.com this will have all the info you will need. IAlso read up on the stratus 2.4 bottom end , with srt4 internals and the stock head for big boost. most will say not to waste the money on the 420a sell it and by a turbo car... 2gnt.com is the site to read though.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
friends car is a stratus 2.4L block + crank, with SRT4 rod+pistons, Stratus head, 2.0 cams...A413 neon auto (modded)...no issues with bottom end at all... :thumbsup:
...and is well north of 400 fo-sure! :readclose

the 420a is the 2.0L...weak rods, iffy bottom, unless done right...

jfsrt4 said:
modernperformance and look at the hahn kits for eclipses. I have researched it and dont run more that 7 psi or it is not last long. Good site is 2gnt.com this will have all the info you will need. IAlso read up on the stratus 2.4 bottom end , with srt4 internals and the stock head for big boost. most will say not to waste the money on the 420a sell it and by a turbo car... 2gnt.com is the site to read though.

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
I had a DSM With a GT3076 but if your going for a smaller turbo setup I'd go with a Super 60 from AMS.......

·
Registered
4,547 Posts
i know a girl in maryland with a built 420a rs eclipse. its a consisten 12 second car, but daddy's put well north of probably 20grand into it to keep it on the road.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts