Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I searched here on the srtforums.com I searched google.com! I dont know what to do I need HELP!! :crying: Ok here is what I want to do: I want to take off that stock peice of shit plastic knob and put on a hurst T-Handle! Now the problem is a need an adapter that had set screws on the one side where the shifter rod will slide into and I need it to have thread that will fit the Hurst T-Handle!! The Hurst shifter can take different thread sizes if you get the universal one so i will list all the thread sizes it can take and hopefully some one can tell me where i can get this or what i should do so it wasnt a waste of my time putting this post up! PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!! PLEASE!!!!
Thread sizes: 3/8-24. 7/16-20, 1/4-28, 5/16-18, 3/8-16, 1/2-20. Now the metric ones: 7mmx1.00, 8mmx1.25, 10mmx1.50, 12mmx1.50
Thanks for the help in advance!
Brandon

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hmmm I'm not in my car atm but you might wanna check the width. Seems like it would rub on the divers side seat when you are in the 1st-2nd area.

·
Registered
27 Posts
If you really want to do this right:
Go buy the largest thread diameter T-handle Hurst makes. Take your stock shifter assembly down to a machine shop and have them thread the end for you to match it. Then just squirt on a bit of thread-locker & screw it on. Done.

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
i have the hurst t handle on mine, took out the shifter, choped it off just below the notch for the stock knob, ground down the shaft (not super precise but worked well) and theaded the shaft with a 1/2x20 theard die, thats the size of the hurst handle. added benifit is that the shifter is now 1.5" lower and acts like a short throw shifter. the hurst handle has to be canted a little clockwise or it will rub the viper type seats but thats the way it feels best anyway

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Does anyone know how i can get just the adapter from the modern performance knob that they sell? If i can get that then i can drill out the hurst t-handle and tap it to the size of the adapter from modern performance!!! :eveilgrin: Does anyone have one for sale or know if i could get it from them?

If not i might think about just getting this but i dont think it will work seeing as it is only 1/2 inch big and the shaft on our shifters are like 9/16ths or 15mm!

http://go.mrgasket.com/ProductDetai...ID=825&minID=8261&selection=23&minselection=6

·
Premium Member
1,084 Posts
post pics please i wanted to this when i first bought my car

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
nomotivgirl, well if you can get me that adapter from Modern Peformance i can hook you up with some pics of that!! But i need that adapter to start my project! Now called SRT-Handle get it SR-T-Handle. ok thats queer. Later

·
Premium Member
1,084 Posts
i go with marshalllaw just get it threaded by a machine shop thats what my husband is planning on doing

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Queer Performance

Well got an e-mail form queer performance and they wont sell me just the adapter QUEERS!!!!! :flame: :flame: :flame: Nah just kiddin no hard feelings. queers! hahaha anyways, i dont know what to do now! Maybe just give up and buy the whole damn shifter knob and try out the T-Handle thing and if it doesnt work i can always just use there knob! I dont know why they made a stock one its queer need more choices then just a BALL come on Vendors make some fucking cool shift knobs instead of that rice shit at autozone!! anyways peace out and if you find anything to help me out post it!
Brandon

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.