Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I bought an SXT spoiler for my SRT4. Already painted Orange blast (got lucky). I will post pics after I install it probably tomorrow. I know some prefer the big stock wing, some like the SXT wing, some prefer a small trunk lip, and some like no wing. I prefer the SXT wing. By the way I have listed my stock big wing for sale in the classified section for $200. Thanks

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
Today I bought an SXT spoiler for my SRT4. Already painted Orange blast (got lucky). I will post pics after I install it probably tomorrow. I know some prefer the big stock wing, some like the SXT wing, some prefer a small trunk lip, and some like no wing. I prefer the SXT wing. By the way I have listed my stock big wing for sale in the classified section for $200. Thanks
So do I...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks gr8! I like the yellow and black too, and the wheels, That will be my next thing, gotta have shiny wheels!! U r lucky being in CA, here in Northern IL we have to store our nice cars for 5 months of the year.

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
Looks gr8! I like the yellow and black too, and the wheels, That will be my next thing, gotta have shiny wheels!! U r lucky being in CA, here in Northern IL we have to store our nice cars for 5 months of the year.
Thanks. It's been like that since about 2005.
I wanted to fix the high-ass "cat in heat" stance of the stock SRT-4.
Mopar Stage 3 Coil Overs (KW) and then the visual gloss black painted "Starkie Stripe".
The black SXT spoiler was the final piece for $50...perfect but wasn't sure about black though.
But it grew on me...so I haven't changed it since.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What about the rear bumper. Yours has the whole middle section “cutout” where mine has just the two cutouts for the tips. I actually like your style better. Was that a model year change? Also can you post more pics of your car? Thanks.

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
What about the rear bumper. Yours has the whole middle section “cutout” where mine has just the two cutouts for the tips. I actually like your style better. Was that a model year change? Also can you post more pics of your car? Thanks.
That's the old Rolled Bumper mod from way back in 2005.
Visually, it also helps make the bulbous backside look a bit leaner.
Practically, it may help a bit to reduce the "drogue chute" effect of the rear bumper.
There's a HOW-TO here:
I'll try to dig up some more pictures of my car.

ps
California isn't necessarily kinds to cars all the time.
My car got caught in a hail storm at South Lake Tahoe a few years ago.
My car had plenty of dimples - it looked like a big yellow golf ball.
I immediately took it to a paint-less repair shop when I got home.
They returned it to perfect condition - I can't tell it was ever damaged.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's the old Rolled Bumper mod from way back in 2005.
Visually, it also helps make the bulbous backside look a bit leaner.
Practically, it may help a bit to reduce the "drogue chute" effect of the rear bumper.
There's a HOW-TO here:
I'll try to dig up some more pictures of my car.

ps
California isn't necessarily kinds to cars all the time.
My car got caught in a hail storm at South Lake Tahoe a few years ago.
My car had plenty of dimples - it looked like a big yellow golf ball.
I immediately took it to a paint-less repair shop when I got home.
They returned it to perfect condition - I can't tell it was ever damaged.
We get hail too, had a new 2012 Cadillac CTS get hit, and like you the body shop did a perfect PDR repair! But we still have to store our cars in winter!😤

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well my drivers side caliper started hanging up but I was vlose to home so I made it. Luckily the prev. Owner gave me all 4 stock calipers, almost brand new. Called AAA and while waiting for the tow truck I replaced the rear spoiler with the SXT spoiler. So easy!!
20210527_165654.jpg

1 - 13 of 13 Posts