Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here's the deal, every time i pull out of a drive way dealership with a slope going onto the road my suspension makes a popping noise. I took it in and they think it's the swaybar links. So my car goes in tomorrow to get fixed. Just wondering if anyone else is having this problem.

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
From the front or back? If it's from the back, the upper strut mounts are infamously terrible for making a clunking noise. There's not enough rubber to keep the integral metal washer from hitting the plate.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the dealer thinks it's the front, you can feel it under your feet.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
if you're on the passenger side it sounds like it's coming from the back, if your driving it feels like it's popping through the floor board.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
just got mine back from mechanics and the case that holds the suspension to the frame was loose. mine shifted a sixth of a inch and cause something to hit something else and they just moved it back and torqued all my bolts down. I also recieved new sway bar links and bushings, and now my car handles better now than it did when i bought brand new. Seems the car's suspension bolts didn't come tight enough from the factory. if anyone else is having this problem try tightening the bolts and check for movement.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts