Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all,

I have had my SRT for almost three years now and noticed lately more than before, when i rolled slowly off curbs/driveways i would hear a clunk. i looked up the TSBs for the car and found one for the front suspension. took the car to the dealer and they checked it out and said it was the TSB.

now, my question is what exactly is what is messed up. the TSB says its the axle shaft assembly, but i am not sure exacly what that is. but i am also starting to think this is only part of the problem. lately, when letting off the gas in gear, on decel, i occasionally hear a clunk in what seems to be under hood. sounds like something loose, maybe a broken mount? Also, the car has been pulling a lot to the side the clunk in the suspension comes from.

so, i wanted opinions, advice, info etc. from you all. what should i expect them to do to fix the problem? they said they got some parts for it... is that it? i assume i need an alignment also? should i also insist on them inspecting other things like motor mounts, etc?

anyway, all help and advice is welcome. thanks folks.

oh, and here is the list of TSBs in case you want them too...
http://www.dodgeforum.com/recalls-and-tsbs/make_DODGE/model_NEON/year_2004/TSB.htm

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
bump for some input...

·
Premium Member
803 Posts
Most of us on here have the clunking noise. Most of the time it is the steering column that is making a noise out of it.

I had my half shaft replaced under the TSB as well. I still have it. Learned to live with it. Dealer states they can't duplicate it, and I don't care to deal with the hassle.

Use the search and search the title of steering clunk it should be hit a lot of threads.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
jmduke3 said:
Most of us on here have the clunking noise. Most of the time it is the steering column that is making a noise out of it.

I had my half shaft replaced under the TSB as well. I still have it. Learned to live with it. Dealer states they can't duplicate it, and I don't care to deal with the hassle.

Use the search and search the title of steering clunk it should be hit a lot of threads.
thanks for the response. i know about the steering thing, and i had that fixed already, but that was a clicking not a clunk. this might be that half shaft you had done, or a motor mount or something. it happens when rolling in first gear, usually off a curb or over a bump. now it also seems like it clunks when i let go of the gas abruptly in first gear.

i can actually feel the clunk/pop noise on my pedals as it happens, which is what worries me.

any more input is welcome. thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts