Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the coils or the struts will fit from the 2001 model year neons? I heard that the spindle is completely different due to the bigger brakes & would not physically link up.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
We have been verifing and it seems that where the spindle mounts to the strut is the same size as the 2000+ neons with just a revised lower part of the spindle to handle the bigger brake upgrade. I have a Set of Image Performance Adjustable Coilovers and I have been trying to work with Drolander(Dan) to make sure these will fit.. Only issue right now is the Image's dont have the mount for the Rear Sway bar but Im fabricating the mount now. Also KW Says their Coilovers fit and I know they are prolly the same Coilovers that are for the 2K's.

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
suspension

BWtwok, thanx for reply- it sounds like your in the process of doing that currently, huh? I could just take the strut assembly off my 2001 to see if will work, but then if it doesnt, i have to re-align both cars for nuthin. I'm gonna leave the 2001 lowered, so i would get extra coils from the dealer, but if they dont work, i cant return them-performance parts are non-returnable. So youre sayin that the coils AND the struts will come over from the 2001 to the 2003 SRT-4?

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
BWtwoK -- Anytime you want to put those Image Performance coilovers on my SRT-4, just let me know. After all... that's the only way we'll know for sure that they fit, right? :wink:

·
Registered
38 Posts
the spindles may be diffrent, but the boltpattern for the lower part of the strut appear to be the same.

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thnx guys- i'm gonna try some 2000+up coils for now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts