Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Leaving the base today, newer looking M3 (don't know them well enough to say what year) was in the other lane. Roads were wet, drizzling. Didn't take off fast, neither did he. About 30, he's behind , near my rear bumper. I hear and see him kick it. As he went by, I downshifted and accellerated. I stayed right by his rear bumper (different lanes remember) until about 75-80. that's when we both slowed down. I know in a fair race, he could win. I know I wasn't at full throttle, not in the wet. I'm sure he was not either. He slowed down, as I came even, I gave him a wave, and pulled ahead, he fell in behind, and followed all the way to the house, but he didn't pull in. It was fun, and unless he knows the SRT, I'm sure he was surprised.

·
Registered
26,203 Posts
GLHS837 said:
Leaving the base today, newer looking M3 (don't know them well enough to say what year) was in the other lane. Roads were wet, drizzling. Didn't take off fast, neither did he. About 30, he's behind , near my rear bumper. I hear and see him kick it. As he went by, I downshifted and accellerated. I stayed right by his rear bumper (different lanes remember) until about 75-80. that's when we both slowed down. I know in a fair race, he could win. I know I wasn't at full throttle, not in the wet. I'm sure he was not either. He slowed down, as I came even, I gave him a wave, and pulled ahead, he fell in behind, and followed all the way to the house, but he didn't pull in. It was fun, and unless he knows the SRT, I'm sure he was surprised.
Bill this would be short lived if you do the STAGE II APC upgrade. However, it would require solid mounts and a good LSD. Then you can play with the M3 vehicles. LOL

·
Premium Member
14,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not messin or racing, ED, just playing :) Neither one of us was even close to pushing the edge of the envelope. I have a healthy respect for wet conditions. If you want scary, try the first rain up near San Jose, CA. The grunge on the roads gathers all summer. Then, Wham!!!! I was on a bike when I got transferred out there, didn't know. I had lots of miles in the rain, just tapped the brakes, ass end starts going. WTF????? Had 2 miles to get home, took me like an hour :)

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
hemidakota said:
Bill this would be short lived if you do the STAGE II APC upgrade.
god i hope you mean atp stage II upgrade.

if apc starts making turbo stages i will eat my hat, eat my hat i tell ya!

·
Registered
313 Posts
Never knew a new APC shift knob, some euro taillights, APC aluminum wing, and some APC stickers would help the SRT-4 hang with a M3. But who would do that to an SRT-4? NO ONE if they knew what was right for them!!

P.S. Anyone see the shipment of SRT-4's to the Ohio region? LOL!! A little over a month and I should be driving my yellow SRT-4.
Anyone that wants to risk it, meet at Ohio Saturday and we'll take a road trip to Belvedere,IL and get our SRT-4's a little sooner.
J/K of course. No one call the cops. ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
5 Participants
hemidakota
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing