Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So... I recently got a new motor in my car I purchased blown up. I noticed it had a staged ecu by the ATTENTION sticker put oil soaked the sticker and I couldn’t make out the part number. So after the install I took the car out and boom boost gauge goes past 20 and flutters out I let off right away. It really just shot over. I have mopar CAI blue plate 3bar map/tip custom 2.5 exhaust cat less DP large front mount. I bought the oem solenoid hoses and reconnected them. Stock 04 injectors. Not sure about fuel pump. Any way I want a full stage 2 ecu injectors and wastegate or is there a way to run this s3 ecu and have it run better without the larger turbofold.

·
Registered
148 Posts
You basically have a homebuilt stage 2, without stage 2 injectors. You can get a CMR tune for your setup. Duster360 or any other reputable tuner can make this work. It won't be free, but they can make it work

Mark

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry 😬. My mistake. So options are a custom tune or get a stock to have this run properly then. It maybe to hunt down a stage 2 kit. Fingers crossed. I want less hassle and more reliability then what a dsp offers. Maybe I’ll post my s3 for sake or trade after all. Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
15,608 Posts
"Less hassle and more reliability"

A stage 3 package with a good tune is the least hassle and most reliable you are going to find in terms of the 325-350 hp area. If you are looking to do stage 2, it is a huge step down from a big turbo kit. Or are you looking to keep the stage 3 turbo? I'm assuming your turbo is a stage 3, because having the ECU generally implies that the turbo is also there. It was part of the kit :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It doesn’t have the s3 turbo or manifold. It is stock turbofold. Stock fuel rail/injectors, 3 bar map/tip and I am not sure about the fuel pump. Without the turbo and injectors it obviously doesn’t run as it should. I thought it maybe cheaper to step down to a s2 than it would be to find a s3 turbofold with rail and injectors. Or go even further down and just get a s1 but s2 is where my goal is. Whoever has owned this car before me did all of the mods. I got it blown up installed a new motor/trans finding all sorts of things.

·
Registered
5 Posts
IIRC the stage 3 turbo was also a turbo fold design. If you have any doubts you may want to do some real digging before selling off parts cause the stage 3 kit can still sell for good money.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
I'm using a Duster360-modified stock PCM with all the S2 components, and it works great. I switched from S2 w/toys to a stock PCM when I added cruise control a few years ago. I have a good S2 no toys PCM, if you do decide you want to go that way.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
5 Participants
csx321
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing