Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
you have posed the same question i have been asking myself for a bit now but i neither have +40s nor an SRT i did have +20s but they were sold a bit ago

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
as long as you can mount it on the fuel rail then you should be okay. YOu can always change the injector clips and that should make it a happy camper. You should be able to use various manufactures pieces just by changing the clips on the injector harness as long as the injector sits okay.

·
Banned
72 Posts
no! Those injectors are a very different design, internally (electronically). They're LOW IMPEDENCE, and are peak-and-hold, not high-impedence saturation. Does anyone know the flow rate of the current injectors? If they're the same as OEM Neon injectors (19lb./hr.) then a set of minivan flex-fuel injectors would be a small upgrade, and would probably plug right in (E85 requires more fuel than gasoline, so the flex-fuel minvans use 58psi regulators and slightly larger injectors). Other than that, you'd have to change the plugs, but we do have both 24 and 30 lb./hr. injectors. You'd have to be making over 300hp to need the 30# injectors, and even then you'd have to be able to tune the curb idle to get the car to idle right.

·
Registered
26,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
DM Racing said:
no! Those injectors are a very different design, internally (electronically). They're LOW IMPEDENCE, and are peak-and-hold, not high-impedence saturation. Does anyone know the flow rate of the current injectors? If they're the same as OEM Neon injectors (19lb./hr.) then a set of minivan flex-fuel injectors would be a small upgrade, and would probably plug right in (E85 requires more fuel than gasoline, so the flex-fuel minvans use 58psi regulators and slightly larger injectors). Other than that, you'd have to change the plugs, but we do have both 24 and 30 lb./hr. injectors. You'd have to be making over 300hp to need the 30# injectors, and even then you'd have to be able to tune the curb idle to get the car to idle right.
This is my goal is push the HP to a 300 fwhp range. So, will the TD04 have life left in the 300FWHP range and work with the #30 injectors?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Highly unlikely that the SRT-4 is operating with 19 lb/hr injectors. In order to make stock hp (~220) with 19 lb/hr injectors the fuel system would have to run at around 140 psi static (0 boost, 0 vacuum).

I would guess that the stock injectors are already well over 30 lb/hr, which would put us in the ball park for the HP we've been seeing. With a static fuel pressure of 55 psi, injectors rated at 37 lb/hr and 100% duty cycle, and at 16 psi boost, HP calculates out to be around 216.

Even if the +40 injectors are a perfect fit you can't expect to just pop them in and go. You have to have a way to control the fuel delivery.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
5 Participants
Mike B.
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing