Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else ever have problems with their sunroof? My sometimes refuses to open and today (now that it's raining of course) its refusing to shut. It wont lock closed like normal. Anyone have any tips before I bring it to the stealership tomorrow?

·
Registered
260 Posts
I am having the same problem I will be taking mine in this Friday to have them look at it....for the second time.......better still be under warranty!:flame:

·
Registered
143 Posts
sirmario23 said:
I am having the same problem I will be taking mine in this Friday to have them look at it....for the second time.......better still be under warranty!:flame:
same problem here. Mine gets stuck in different places and makes a nasty fart noise. :crying: :ben: :crying:

sometimes I just force it along and give it a little help. I always say they gave me an SRT-4 with a neon style sunroof. Heheheh:rofl:

·
Buy/Sell Section Moderator
1,374 Posts
I took mine apart. Really easy. I cleaned it and made sure everything was lined up correctly and it hasn't failed since. Don't open or close it over 80 mph. I killed mine by closing it at 140+. I'm an idiot....

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
I just had the whole thing (tracks, glass, motor, EVERYTHING) replaced under warrenty. I think it had something to do with me opening or closing it while doing over 100mph:thumbsup:

·
Registered
353 Posts
OMG. FINALLY A THREAD ABOUT THIS. IVE HAD MINE REPLACED 3 TIMES UNDER WARRANTY. i personally think its just a shitty design. my modules keep going out. so they keep replacing switches and moduals and finally replaced the entrire assembly. 3 damn times.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Owner's manual say don't drive over a certain MPH with it open. I think it's 70 but i'm not sure. Also try spraying some white lithium grease to lube things up.

EDIT: mine has never given me any problems, (knock on wood). I think alot of problems people have with cars is user error.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the fast reply's. I think tonight once I get off work I'm gonna lube it up and see if that helps. If not I'm going to head to the stealership and see if theres a mechanical problem. Good news is that I finally got it to close when I get back to work by pushing it down and it somehow locked itself. Of course it stopped raining now :buah:

·
Registered
38 Posts
had mine fixed about two weeks ago or so, it wouldnt pop up but wouldnt slide back took it to the dealership and they replaced some sort of pin? and it worls fine took them all of ten mins!

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You have to pay $25 to view it? :eeeek:

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
Mine wouldnt shut all the way, found that the pin on one of the prop up things fell had fallen out. Popped it back in and alls good.

Although, my sunroof FUCKING RATTLES LIKE CRAZY. It seriously drives me insane when it does it. Just doesnt stop... ever. Makes me want to take it out and weld in a patch to cover the hole, smooth it out and repaint the roof.

-Can't stand my sunroof.

·
Registered
143 Posts
SRT4R said:
Jtaugner said:
Anyone else ever have problems with their sunroof? My sometimes refuses to open and today (now that it's raining of course) its refusing to shut. It wont lock closed like normal. Anyone have any tips before I bring it to the stealership tomorrow?

You have a 2005, I presume? Read this...

http://www.alldata.com/TSB/16/051686fi.html

:readclose

so let me get this straight, this is a recalled product? I own a 2005 and I have sunroof problems. I noticed some other items on the list. I can't imagine these recalls happening without them notifying the owners of the vehicles :martini:

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
Rattles can be quieted by using some grease on the latch mechanisims, & there are two pizza shaped black plastic cams (one in each track) towards the rear of the glass, that invert out of position, when forced to close against the cabin psi. created at high speeds, i fixed mine by sliding the roll pins out of the cams & reinstalling em right side up, like they we're before i tryed to close the sunroof @130mph., everythings been good for over 2 yrs. now. I actually put a small decal on the inside of the glass that reads "DO NOT OPEN/CLOSE @ SPEEDS ABOVE 130mph",.........it even looks stock:eveilgrin

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Shantastic said:
SRT4R said:
Jtaugner said:

You have a 2005, I presume? Read this...

http://www.alldata.com/TSB/16/051686fi.html

:readclose

so let me get this straight, this is a recalled product? I own a 2005 and I have sunroof problems. I noticed some other items on the list. I can't imagine these recalls happening without them notifying the owners of the vehicles :martini:

Used the TSB number at your local dealer... It's free! :clap:

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
So if we have an issue, tell them you have the problem and give them the TSB # and it's on them to fix it?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts