Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, my sunroof hinges that attach to the track are screwed up. It won't open and if I get it open it won't close. It won't push out or pull in when open.

I went to the dealer today to buy a new track, no glass, and he said they can't order it...
Is this the same case elsewhere? Are any of you able to get a track or have one spare? Also, why would he say the SRT sunroof is different from the base of the same year, isn't it just the same car different engine and some panels...

I'm gonna call other dealers in my area to see if they are able to get anything, but has anyone taken a track from another neon 05 and used that? If I can't get this fixed that's gonna be sh*tty because it pops open and closed on the interstate ...

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Sunroof Doctor has replacement parts made of milled aluminum that won't break like the stock ones. 2000-2005 Dodge Neon Sunroof Parts

And yes the sunroof is the same across all models. Most parts monkeys are dumb these days and just smash buttons hoping for the correct answer.

You can tape the sunroof down to keep it from opening.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Sunroof Doctor has replacement parts made of milled aluminum that won't break like the stock ones. 2000-2005 Dodge Neon Sunroof Parts

And yes the sunroof is the same across all models. Most parts monkeys are dumb these days and just smash buttons hoping for the correct answer.

You can tape the sunroof down to keep it from opening.
Well &$%^. No more weather stripping. How the F am I supposed to fix my sunroof now?

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
You don't really need the weather stripping to make a tight seal.

Make sure your drain tubes are free of clogs (4 of them) and even if water gets by the stripping it will drain down the channels and out the body.

I have fought chrysler sunroofs for years and clean tubes makes for a more enjoyable experience. That is until the plastic glass carrier breaks and then you must purchase the upgraded metal ones from the site I mentioned.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
You don't really need the weather stripping to make a tight seal.

Make sure your drain tubes are free of clogs (4 of them) and even if water gets by the stripping it will drain down the channels and out the body.

I have fought chrysler sunroofs for years and clean tubes makes for a more enjoyable experience. That is until the plastic glass carrier breaks and then you must purchase the upgraded metal ones from the site I mentioned.
I'll try that again. I'm just tired of getting in my car, taking a turn, and my lap being soaked. Don't even use the damn sunroof anyways. Will never buy a car with one again (I've owned 3 Chrysler vehicles with sunroofs, they all f'n suck).

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How do you get to the drain tubes? And to clean out just as a regular maintenance use..... large pipe cleaners?

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Tie a couple of pipe cleaners together in series.

The front two are relatively easy as all you have to do is open the roof and look in the far right and left forward corners.

Honestly I have never fooled with the rear ones. I just make sure that the fronts are totally free of debris in the tubes, and around the channel that feeds them.

Most if not all water will pass once they are clean.

At a minimum that will alleviate your water dripping in your lap problem. My CE did it and my Town and Country too.

Both had a small amount of crud in the tubes and around the outside preventing free flow.

Oddly enough my 1gn never leaked however it had shit slides and I did the $2 fix on them from the neons.org forum.

·
Registered
268 Posts
After the issues I had with my sunroof being stuck open it is now closed for good. Hey, at least I got a sky window to look thru haha. My worm bolts or whatever the hell they are called were worn to crap I'm just glad I got it closed up

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Oddly enough my 1gn never leaked however it had shit slides and I did the $2 fix on them from the neons.org forum.
Same here! Both 1st gens with sunroofs broke constantly. I eventually fixed them, shut the sunroof, and pulled the fuse. If it can't move, it can't break.

Boy do I miss my 1st gens, especially my NYG. :flame:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts