Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, Everyone says hey your engine is japaneese... im like wtf are you smokin... they are like its a mitsubishi engine~
im like, NO its got a mitsubishi turbo... but the engine is all dodge!
and Ive never seen this engine in any of the mistubishi cars~~
If Im wrong please excuse me... but Ive owned this car when it first came out March of 03' and read about them since they were a concept car~~ ive never seen that the engine was mistubishi... only the turbo which is a td04 mitsubishi turbo...

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
yeah, some guy at school a couple days ago came up to me while i was in my car and asked me if it was a mitsubish engine. i go "its a mitsubishi turbocharger" then he goes "oh thanks, so its a mitsubish engine thanks man" then walks away

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
I don't care is it's made by Briggs and Stratton personally, no matter who made what parts it still equals a damn good car for the money. Even if it is made by Mitsu is that supposed to be a bad thing? Last time I checked the 4G63 was one of the best overall tuner motors on the market...........:intrestin

·
Registered
133 Posts
i got this quote from allpar.com

the 2.4 Turbo engine, is Mexican, build in Mexico, engineered by Mexicans and refined by Americans and Germans. They changed some of the cooling, reduced boost, and a different set-up for the PCM. Making some "tweaks" you can gain easly about 10 or 15 % increase in HP.

anything that comes from Japan is top quality if you ask me

·
Registered
67 Posts
I hear our cars are made in Malaysia for cheap labor. So you're all wrong - our cars are Malaysian!

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
my engine is mexican....then why the hell is my grass so long??

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
I don't believe mitsubishi made a 2.4L motor. My old dodge avenger was a mitsu motor and the sebrings are mitsu motors also. But I don't think the SRT's are

·
Registered
835 Posts
yeah mits did make a 2.4 but it was only sohc....i had a 98 spyder that had the 2.4 in it. couldnt find any shit for it..lol

·
Registered
72 Posts
ummm 3rd gen eclipse gs have a 2.4 identical to the srt4s 2.4 minus the turbo charger
and the motor and trans are mexicano

·
Registered
797 Posts
srt4sharp said:
yeah mits did make a 2.4 but it was only sohc....i had a 98 spyder that had the 2.4 in it. couldnt find any shit for it..lol
I had the same problem with my Spyder, there's hardly anything out there for the 2.4L 4g64. Luckily a lot of parts from the 4g63 are interchangeable with it.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Get real you guys. Search around a bit before spouting off. The Mexican turbo 2.4 is significantly different from our motor. This has been mentioned numerous times from the DCX guys on the board.

The SRT-4 2.4 is it's own beast. We don't have a Mexican motor.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
JCX said:
Get real you guys. Search around a bit before spouting off. The Mexican turbo 2.4 is significantly different from our motor. This has been mentioned numerous times from the DCX guys on the board.

The SRT-4 2.4 is it's own beast. We don't have a Mexican motor.
oh snap...I better take my car back to the dealership...they fucked up something bad

·
Registered
410 Posts
It may be built in Mexico, but who designed it?

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
98rt_canadian said:
It may be built in Mexico, but who designed it?
the mexicans

I'm going to sit here and wait for it now :bandit:

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
oh come on..no one is going to call me on that?

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
You guys are All Wrong!!! Its Made in China!!!! Everything is made in China these days!!!! Ahahahaha!!! J/P!!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts