Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So a friend calls me up to do a tune up and oil change on his ride. I pulled all the spark plugs out to check them they were burned up so I went down to the local parts place to get some new ones and when I come back he has a rag trying to soak up the oil he spilt into the plug holes, we sucked up what we could with a wet vac put the new champ plugs in gapped them to 40 then tried to start the car but doesn't start. :stab: :grimrippe Any suggestions. :buah:

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
You better be carefull, dunno how oil in the chamber plays, but you might raise the
compression to much and blow a valve or a piston ring. If I was you, I'd take it to a
mechanice and get that shit cleaned out.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Go to an autopart store and by a kit you would use to take fuel out of the tank. I know the damn word but I can't spell it. Syfon is the word but it is mispelled. It comes with a long plastic tube that will fit in the sparkplug hole. Then squeeze the pump and draw out the oil. Clean and reinsert plugs and try again

·
Registered
315 Posts
wow.
do you have anything that can suction it out?
maybe some plastic tubing you could fish in there?
well, maybe once you finish sucking out all you can you could pour in a little gasoline to dilute the rest of the oil residue and then suction it out. Do that like five times with an ounce or two of gas, then try again.

anyone else see a problem with doing it this way?

never heard of anyone doing this before...

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Take a flash light and look in to the cylinder. If you see the piston tops then there is no oil. The ones that do have oil in them will help you determine how much oil is in there. Tru nthe key over to bring the piston up.

Take out only the plugs that have the oil in the cylinders, disconnect the connector on the coil and turn over the engine to force the excess oil out. It will be messy so lay some rags all over the engine and engine bay.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
your plug is prolly soaked in oil. Like others have said, pull the oil out by syphoning it out or vacuum like you said (a syphon creates a vacuum, same concept). Pull all the plugs out, turn engine over a few times to try to blow out any more excess oil. Your plug is prolly coated in oil, clean it with gas/starting fluid/brake fluid, some kinda of cleaning agent. Go ahead and let the injectors flow while cranking over motor with plugs removed, the gas will help dilute the oil and help it flow out easier through exhaust and through the plug holes. Re-insert plugs, fire 'er up. good luck.

·
Registered
796 Posts
ok this has happened to a friend of mine before on his mustang. i dont know how he managed it, but he said he got oil in there so.... beats me. anyways i took a bunch of carb cleaner and sprayed it through the spark plug holes. after that i un plugged the coil wire and had him crank the car for a good 45 seconds to get all that crap out through the exhaust valves. plugged the coil wire back on and it started like a champ. its worth a try. hope everything works out bro.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Fixed it

OK problem fixed, I pulled plugs out again cleaned once more, cranked engine with the 2 plugs out blew the oil out, poured a little 100 octane in there, put plugs back in cranked her on and bam it started after a little sputter though, we've been driving around in it for a few hours now and he says it runs better than before must be the new plugs. He's on his way back to Washington state now, thanks for all the help guys. :shift: :2thumbsup

·
Registered
76 Posts
Blue Acuma said:
He's on his way back to Washington state now...

Wow, you must do one hell of an oil change if your friend is willing to drive 15 hours one way.

Throw a little something extra in there with the oil change do ya? :rofl: :rofl:

just messin' :hi:

·
Registered
799 Posts
while plugs are out pull all plug wires from coil then turn motor over and over the compression will blow most of the oil out of the hole.

·
Registered
298 Posts
First Step..!

Take all the plugs OUT and see if the motor spins freely.

If it does, get the overpour of oil out and install a fresh sparkplug. Then hope for the best... :wah?!:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts